Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Teeth hurt?
Teeth hurt?
For the last two or three nights I've been getting pain in my mouth with my teeth pushing them lightly against one another. Is there something that I should be doing to prevent this?
Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
Respironics Dreamwear mask with Nuance nasal cushions (mine came with that instead of the nasal mask)
23/19 seems to be my settings
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Teeth hurt?
My guess is that your straps are too tight.
Your pressures are high, and frequently with higher pressures users tighten straps too tight with the intent of eliminating leaks.  This may cause (long term) movement of your teeth within your jaw and as such your teeth pain. 

If you would provide data, advice could be much more sound.

I suggest that you download SleepyHead software and post your daily charts.  Your sleep study could be helpful as well.  Why are you using a BiPAP/BiLevel machine?

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2018, 07:40 PM)bonjour Wrote: My guess is that your straps are too tight.
Your pressures are high, and frequently with higher pressures users tighten straps too tight with the intent of eliminating leaks.  This may cause (long term) movement of your teeth within your jaw and as such your teeth pain. 

If you would provide data, advice could be much more sound.

I suggest that you download SleepyHead software and post your daily charts.  Your sleep study could be helpful as well.  Why are you using a BiPAP/BiLevel machine?

Fred

https://imgur.com/a/VBIvD should be a link to the last 6 days of sleepyhead. 
Myair shows less of a leak rate than this does to the point of me getting nearly 100 points twice in the last week..
I'm also using a mask that's now into three or a bit longer weeks of use because my DME has ordered me more but.....? Nothings came.
https://imgur.com/a/a4x4q <- this is the sleepy study and CPAP Titration study.
I'm using it because my oxygen drops but doesn't hit apnea it seems?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is what I see.
Your original sleep study shows severe AHI of 82 with significant O2 Desaturation (<88% 10% of the time.)  This indicates that you need CPAP, at least a titration study.

Your Titration Study states "The best BiPAP pressure is 23/19 cw" which is correct.  O2 Desats did not show until BiPAP titration was tried and 23/19 was the best BiPAP result.
However  you "tolerated CPAP pressures well" without a CPAP recommendation.  

IMHO you need a lower CPAP pressure which I suspect will help your mask fit (strap pressure) and tooth pain.  but first a question.  Are you monitoring your O2 sat levels?  

If this were me I would try setting your pressure at 11/7 maintaining a PS (pressure Support) of 4.  and then repost.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front Teeth is hurting in morning. kdpatel 3 681 03-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Cpap - Teeth Grinding dapal 3 772 10-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Can the machine hurt you? David Clark 10 1,153 03-01-2022, 02:14 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Sleep PA changing pressure, wants sleep study. Can advice from here hurt my Medicare? midwestguy 149 9,686 02-05-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: midwestguy
  Does it hurt to let the humidifier tank run dry? desaturator 11 1,560 01-19-2022, 03:23 AM
Last Post: desaturator
  Teeth/gums feel weird in the AM HockeyGoon 7 1,134 09-24-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Kuutar
  Teeth Grinding and Sleep Apnea hookedonstitch 19 1,956 09-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.