Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Telemarketer Tactics
Most tele-terroists use VOIP and a robotic dialer (aka -- a computer.)
With a spoofed C.I.D.

My gripe is: Why should "we" have to put up with this?
The big telecom companies could blacklist these terrorists.

Everyone call forward to the Whitehouse switchboard on Telemarketer Thursday.
202-456-1414.

frankly I have a something a little more Biblical in mind to punish telemarketers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just love it when they spoof my own number when they call me. Does that really work?
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone did that to me...phone was ringing, I looked and it was ME calling ME!! WT? I thought I was in "the twilight zone"
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Yes, they can sent out any CID they select.
If only 1% of phones are answered; then a boiler-room of 10 terrorists telemarketers are enough to cover a robodailer that sprays out all 1000 numbers in an area code prefix combination.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the rational for the carriers not doing anything about the telemarketers is that they want to remain "common carriers" for legal status. As soon as they begin regulating or controlling what content gets through, they can become legally responsible for illegal communications. But, then I am not a lawyer, no do I play one on the internet...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 01:05 PM)justMongo Wrote: Yes, they can sent out any CID they select.
If only 1% of phones are answered; then a boiler-room of 10 terrorists telemarketers are enough to cover a robodailer that sprays out all 1000 numbers in an area code prefix combination.

Too-funny Laugh-a-lot That is funny Mongo! LOL (as we used to say)
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Unfortunately ninety nine percent of telemarketers are giving the other one percent a bad name.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 12:47 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: Someone did that to me...phone was ringing, I looked and it was ME calling ME!! WT? I thought I was in "the twilight zone"

It was you calling from the future with the winning lottery numbers.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2016, 03:59 AM)holden4th Wrote: "If nobody had answered that call, how dire would the consequences have been? Was it a matter of life or death?

Sounds Schrodinger's cat-ish.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Schrödinger
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VoIP not registering some robo/telemarketer calls. Crimson Nape 24 1,272 07-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94