Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Telemarketer Tactics
Like many people, we used to get tons of telemarketing calls. We got caller ID, and a fancy answering machine which could block 250 numbers; it was filled in less than 2 years.

We switched phone carriers about 6 months ago and got a product they call "Terminating Call Manager" for a one-time $30 charge. We've had exactly zero telemarketing calls since then. In its own way, it's kinda like dying and going to heaven.

While investigating call blockers about a year ago I found one called NOMOROBO. Seems the FCC had a contest for coming up with a call blocking device and this guy won. The Do Not Call list is unfortunately a joke and not worth the effort our government put into it. Like others here, they even spoofed our own number, which forced me to block it; darnit, I hate it when I can't call myself. *grrr* Oh, and NOMOROBO is free for consumers but your phone company has to support it and as I recall it only worked on landlines. Just Google it and there will be tons of information.

Good luck!
Vonage doesn't support lists like that. It does have simultaneous ring which I have ring my google number. If the number is blocked on Google, it answers (intercepts) the call and plays a message saying my number is no longer in service. Only down side to this is your phone rings at least one time.

For some reason this seems like *Déjà vu. The Matrix has changed. I know I wrote this somewhere at one time. sigh... losing what lit... losing something Dont-know

* I have included the little thingys over the top of the letters - Tongue

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

I got a "Me" call the other day Oh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeez

Now using a flipfone and no VM. Pretty soon I'm gonna dump the cellfone altogether. Only turn it on if I want to call out.
I learned recently I have misophonia. I hate the constant beeping everywhere I go. Car beeps at me, gas pumps, ATMs, computer and TV UPS-es, !@#$%^ WIND CHIMES!
The only beep I want and enjoy hearing is the single little beep of my CPAP machine when I start it Smile
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)

I have a VoIP landline. I started receiving calls from phone numbers that wouldn't show up on my call history logs. I realized the telemarketers are pinging the IP/SIP ports and will initiate a direct call when they find one. I got my provider to change the SIP port number to a non-standard one and the calls have stopped. If you're using POTS then this workaround won't be of any help to you.
Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.
Then again, they cannot ping my POTS ports. Laugh-a-lot
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(06-21-2016, 09:26 AM)justMongo Wrote: Then again, they cannot ping my POTS ports. Laugh-a-lot

True, true. . . This is true!
Statistics prove that people who have more birthdays live longer.

(06-21-2016, 08:22 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I got a "Me" call the other day Oh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeez

Now using a flipfone and no VM. Pretty soon I'm gonna dump the cellfone altogether. Only turn it on if I want to call out.
I learned recently I have misophonia. I hate the constant beeping everywhere I go. Car beeps at me, gas pumps, ATMs, computer and TV UPS-es, !@#$%^ WIND CHIMES!
The only beep I want and enjoy hearing is the single little beep of my CPAP machine when I start it Smile

I hear ya MD Too-funny
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
(06-21-2016, 09:52 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 09:26 AM)justMongo Wrote: Then again, they cannot ping my POTS ports. Laugh-a-lot

Nerd humor, sheesh! Rolleyes
(06-21-2016, 10:18 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 09:52 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:

Nerd humor, sheesh! Rolleyes

Lolabove I needed that, Grin
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.

Hey Red (Crimson Nape), I think they're callin' you a nerd.
Can't be talking about me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.