Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Telemarketer Tactics
Moi? . . . Never!
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're nerdy and ya' know it, blow your xPAP hose!
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2016, 02:36 PM)Luvmyzzz Wrote: If you're nerdy and ya' know it, blow your xPAP hose!

Enjoy your sense of humor Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply

(06-21-2016, 12:13 PM)justMongo Wrote: Hey Red (Crimson Nape), I think they're callin' you a nerd.
Can't be talking about me.

You're a complex and interesting individual. Nerd, conservative and a far-out electrical gearhead. You may even be a super-nerd.
Post Reply Post Reply
Penny! Penny! Penny!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2016, 08:17 PM)justMongo Wrote: Penny! Penny! Penny!

I had to google that to know what you meant. LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-21-2016, 09:21 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I realized the telemarketers are pinging the IP/SIP ports and will initiate a direct call when they find one.

I've been seeing these attempts in my firewall logs but I disable ping response on the WAN interface.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2016, 08:21 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 09:21 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I realized the telemarketers are pinging the IP/SIP ports and will initiate a direct call when they find one.

I've been seeing these attempts in my firewall logs but I disable ping response on the WAN interface.

???? wha? (whispers) I have blocks on "pings to IP/SIP ports" I think... with my security app... but I don't understand the WAN interface?? ...or maybe I don't understand IP/SIP ports either....duh... no nerd behind this face
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2016, 08:22 AM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I got a "Me" call the other day Oh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeezOh-jeez

Now using a flipfone and no VM. Pretty soon I'm gonna dump the cellfone altogether. Only turn it on if I want to call out.
I learned recently I have misophonia. I hate the constant beeping everywhere I go. Car beeps at me, gas pumps, ATMs, computer and TV UPS-es, !@#$%^ WIND CHIMES!
The only beep I want and enjoy hearing is the single little beep of my CPAP machine when I start it Smile

I have heart felt thanks to you Mark... I considered this concept as well, except I have an elderly mother I need to have an open line for...(I agree 200% with the CPAP beep!)Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Now we all know that telemarketers can be and are annoying. But today when my cell phone made the 'ping' noise indicating a incoming text msg, I hurried to pick up the phone thinking it might be my grandson. Needless to say it was not my grandson but a 'raw' msg about a part of the male anatomy. My oldest son happened to be visiting me and he offered to see if my phone would block the text msg for any future time. He could not block the msg but definitely deleted the msg at my request. This is my first time receiving such a nasty text. Don't people have anything better to do?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VoIP not registering some robo/telemarketer calls. Crimson Nape 24 1,811 07-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94