Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Telemarketer Tactics
Seriously, my phone won't ring if you don't have caller ID. Never get a telemarketer call.

09-28-2016 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

Today I received yet another telemarketer call from the same phone number. Yesterday, the same company called three times, the day before that they called twice. Today I just picked up the phone, recognized the number, didn't say a word and laid the phone down on the table in front of me where the TV was blaring a "commercial", then I rattled a plastic bag next to the phone. Have no idea if that discourages them or not, but I would really like these calls to stop.
09-28-2016 06:15 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(09-28-2016 04:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Seriously, my phone won't ring if you don't have caller ID. Never get a telemarketer call.

You have to be just lucky on that. They use low-budget VoIP providers who don't care what CID they send out. So, the telemarketers spoof the CID with a bogus number name field. That gets them past blockers unless they are already blacklisted (usually by you.)

Most prevalent call is for remodeling/home improvement. They represent themselves as contractors; but are not. They are lead generators who then sell a culled list to contractors who do the type of work.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-28-2016 07:43 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
FrankNichols Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed F10 and/or P10
Humidifier: Builtin
CPAP Pressure: 17-19
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: I've figured out how to get my AHI down to 5, I quit sleeping!

(09-28-2016 06:15 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  Today I received yet another telemarketer call from the same phone number. Yesterday, the same company called three times, the day before that they called twice. Today I just picked up the phone, recognized the number, didn't say a word and laid the phone down on the table in front of me where the TV was blaring a "commercial", then I rattled a plastic bag next to the phone. Have no idea if that discourages them or not, but I would really like these calls to stop.

Well, if you really want to get rid of them, here is the law - ask them to remove you from their calling list.

Then record every time they call after that and find a good lawyer willing to work for a percentage.

Then sue them. I believe the federal law states that you can sue for $500 per call after you ask them to take you off their calling list. There have been numerous cases where people were awarded multiple thousands of dollars. But you have to be specific and say please take me off your call list.

Also, register for the do not call list -

Government Do Not Call Registry

And finally NEVER agree to be contacted by anyone when you visit a site or register a product or any other form of contact with a company, the law states that if you have a business relationship with a company they or their representatives can contact you. Until you specifically revoke that permission by telling them to take you off their call list.

That will NOT affect the "Microsoft Tech Support" calls from India. Those are not Microsoft and our outside our legal system.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
09-28-2016 07:49 PM
AlanE Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

(09-28-2016 03:08 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  Many years ago when I worked Tech Support for a major software company, I actually got a Microsoft scammer on one of our direct lines. My supervisor was listening and he gave me the go ahead to mess with the guy on the call. Half hour later after all sorts of fun, I finally asked if it made a difference that I was on Linux. He hung up real quick. Great fun when we played it at a training meeting.

Did something like that. Listened to his whole script on the clsid of sendtotarget (which every windows has) and he connected me to the "big cheese" that was to be the one to get access to my PC. I kept this ID-10-T on the phone for almost 45 minutes when I broke the news that I work in IT forensics and I knew of the CLSID scam. He started cursing me out so I went along with it. Kept on the phone for another 15 minutes. When I got tired of it, the following exchange happened:

Me: (After being called an idiot several times) "Want to know who the real idiot is here?
Him: "You stupid" (see how bad the english gets when they get pissed)

Me: "Not me, you. Want to know why?"
him: "why!"
Me: "Because I just kept your sorry arse on the phone for an hour cursing you out and running up your phone bill, moron."

:click:

good times...

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
09-30-2016 08:58 AM

Donate to Apnea Board