Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more
RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more
another 2 cents: water pik worked for a while but now, 3 days after using the water pik, I'm again getting moisture on upper lip & feeling shakey for a few minutes after unmasking. I'll try a couple small pinholes but I think the handwriting's on the wall it's time for a new frame. the p10 works fine for me until after about a year of use with weekly cleaning.

for Hydrangea, your tidal volume shot up to 2700 with no increase in leak rate so air must have been venting through your new holes with some considerable force (while maintaining pressure?). someone smarter than me could probably calculate that out...
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2020, 03:23 PM)sheepless Wrote: another 2 cents: water pik worked for a while but now, 3 days after using the water pik, I'm again getting moisture on upper lip & feeling shakey for a few minutes after unmasking. I'll try a couple small pinholes but I think the handwriting's on the wall it's time for a new frame. the p10 works fine for me until after about a year of use with weekly cleaning.

for Hydrangea, your tidal volume shot up to 2700 with no increase in leak rate so air must have been venting through your new holes with some considerable force (while maintaining pressure?). someone smarter than me could probably calculate that out...

sheepless, I believe that masks are better but don't last as long as they used to. headgear. mask seals.

I wish there was some way to simplify things; not keep adding more gear. like mask liners, and strap pads. If mask makers realized that their gear affects the wearer, and the wearer's family and pets maybe we would see changes that improve sleep quality and treatment

Good sleep quality is so important.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2020, 03:23 PM)sheepless Wrote: for Hydrangea, your tidal volume shot up to 2700 with no increase in leak rate so air must have been venting through your new holes with some considerable force (while maintaining pressure?). someone smarter than me could probably calculate that out...

Was there a chart posted to reflect the tidal volume increase? Did I miss it? I would like to see that chart, and wonder if that is concerning...
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't catch on that there are 2 threads on this topic. the chart was here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid368063

but has been removed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry. I had started a thread about my mask making the high pitch noise, and wondered if my data could show why. But then it became obvious to me that the bernoullian effect was due to the humidity of my exhales clogging the mesh & the holes. I don't think any apneatic episode nor breathing event caused the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thing to consider is your filters. If like me you're occasionally remiss in heeding the little warning that comes up to check or change your filter(s), saying to yourself, "Yeah, yeah, not now. Next time," yet you keep procrastinating, buck up and check those filters. Mine was shockingly clogged up with dust when I did, and I had been experiencing a little increasing difficulty breathing though my p10. I don't know how much of it might have been the placebo effect, but my breathing required less effort with a clean filter. I've always supposed the main function of the filter was to protect the delicate insides of the machine and the blower, so this is a SWAG. Either way, try not to be as complacent as me in changing your filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice, Sheepish! I change mine every couple of weeks, since I have a good supply of them from my DME.

Long ago, someone here mentioned it takes just as much time to replace the filter as it takes to check to see if it needs replacing. So I have embraced that mantra, and change them frequently!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2020, 10:02 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Another thing to consider is your filters. If like me you're occasionally remiss in heeding the little warning that comes up to check or change your filter(s), saying to yourself, "Yeah, yeah, not now. Next time," yet you keep procrastinating, buck up and check those filters. Mine was shockingly clogged up with dust when I did, and I had been experiencing a little increasing difficulty breathing though my p10. I don't know how much of it might have been the placebo effect, but my breathing required less effort with a clean filter. I've always supposed the main function of the filter was to protect the delicate insides of the machine and the blower, so this is a SWAG. Either way, try not to be as complacent as me in changing your filters.

Good advice!
(I don't understand why my cpap/apap filter is as expensive as it is? It doesn't appear to be specially made.)
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I get mine in a 52-pack (some easy assembly required) from the Canadian version of a popular online retailer that starts with "A" and ends with "mazon" for CDN$20.99. Big Grin

[Image: 71fQeR2Q3fL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 35,840 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
  Here to vent Razorpoke 6 179 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,129 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 273 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 416 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 513 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 594 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.