Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more
RE: Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more
(09-26-2020, 09:17 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Hydrangea,
This is very interesting.  I've been tempted to modify my P10 also!

When you have time, can you post a pic of the modified vents?

Here's a pic. Each side has 3 holes, each hole bigger than the previous one. In the pic, I can only visibly see the largest hole on either side.

While wearing the mask, I can feel air coming out of the largest hole on each side, but it isn't distracting nor does it bother my sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a close-up of one side.  I can visibly see the 2nd & 3rd holes I poked, since each hole I made a little larger than the previous (instead of poking the pin straight in & out, I wiggled it around a bit).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is interesting experimenting a little with your gear. Have you noticed a increase in noise at the exhaust ports? Air will take path of least resistance and those holes will be the preferred route. Never new some one to do this, I hope it is successful for you. I took a picture a while back of my P10 with my USB microscope and it might help you see how they engineered the mesh to make it so quiet.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2020, 03:09 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote: That is interesting experimenting a little with your gear. Have you noticed a increase in noise at the exhaust ports? Air will take path of least resistance and those holes will be the preferred route. Never new some one to do this, I hope it is successful for you. I took a picture a while back of my P10 with my USB microscope and it might help you see how they engineered the mesh to make it so quiet.

I don't hear noise from it.  Especially compared to any of the other noisier masks, this one is still extremely quiet even with my modification.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2020, 03:09 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote: That is interesting experimenting a little with your gear. Have you noticed a increase in noise at the exhaust ports? Air will take path of least resistance and those holes will be the preferred route. Never new some one to do this, I hope it is successful for you. I took a picture a while back of my P10 with my USB microscope and it might help you see how they engineered the mesh to make it so quiet.

I'd love to see that!
I'm using a ResMed N20...However the P10 is very interesting to me.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2020, 10:32 PM)DaveL Wrote:

I'd love to see that!

Not sure what you are referring to , I think it is my P10 with the N30 head gear band attached. I just started using it and the part about the band is when I get leaks in the middle of the night I can cinch it up a little as it stretches over time. So far so good, I got a good deal on the N30 head gear bands because I had some points to use up from Cpap supplier. I did some measurements before using it and the head band is the exact length of a P10 head gear band(Blue P-10 large head length not the ladies pink P-10 small head length). I really like my P10 mask and when ever I had a chance to improve it I would never hesitate. N30 head band(Part #64216) is basically the same head band as my P10 "but adjustable".

Post Reply Post Reply
I think your new thread concerning a high-pitched whistle coming from your mask should have been posted in this thread. The whistle is obviously a direct consequence of your modification of the P10 mask, and your mask is not only more noisy, but is getting complaints from the family. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-evaluate
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2020, 09:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think your new thread concerning a high-pitched whistle coming from your mask should have been posted in this thread.  The whistle is obviously a direct consequence of your modification of the P10 mask, and your mask is not only more noisy, but is getting complaints from the family. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-evaluate

This dawned on me a little while after I posted that. I appreciate your feedback. 

I'm finally getting restful sleep, after a year of extremely bad sleep. So I'm going to continue in the direction of getting my P10 to vent more.  But I'll definitely take into consideration that this may result in sound variances.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2020, 05:18 PM)Canuck 2 Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 10:32 PM)DaveL Wrote:

I'd love to see that!

Not sure what you are referring to , I think it is my P10 with the N30 head gear band attached. I just started using it and the part about the band is when I get leaks in the middle of the night I can cinch it up a little as it stretches over time. So far so good, I got a good deal on the N30 head gear bands because I had some points to use up from Cpap supplier. I did some measurements before using it and the head band is the exact length of a P10 head gear band(Blue P-10 large head length not the ladies pink P-10 small head length). I really like my P10 mask and when ever I had a chance to improve it I would never hesitate. N30 head band(Part #64216) is basically the same head band as my P10 "but adjustable".
Thanks!
I couldn't see the photo before.
That's a wonderful headgear!

I wore a "Breeze" nasal pillows mask for 5 years when I started out. Last nasal pillows mask I used was a Dreamwear. I found that the headgear didn't hold the Dreamwear well.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Just to add my two cents...
- I use Dawn and a toothbrush for a scrub on both sides of the vents about once every 2 weeks
- the idea about flushing out the vent with a waterpik sounds worth a try, every once in a while
- expired masks are good for experimenting, and that's where I once tried poking a few holes with a thin needle (but never knowing when it was enough, I probably poked a few too many holes)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 209 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 462 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 137 34,758 01-17-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 548 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
Exclaimation SSRI's Can Make it Worse.. AlaskanJaeger 3 557 12-17-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredpanda

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.