Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tell me what I need to look for in CPAP results
RE: Tell me what I need to look for in CPAP results
(03-07-2012, 08:53 AM)Gazby Wrote: My advise is READ and when youve done that READ some more and keep reading as this is where knowledge is gained. There isnt any short cuts, read threads, read posts read books and info on the net and slowly it will sink in to a point where you will open ResScan take a quick glance and say yep all is well.
Well said Agreed

Post Reply Post Reply
My question on this topic is specifically about the numbers that are shown in each Obstructive event. What do those numbers mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
The numbers tell you how many seconds the event lasted.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow that's pretty scary stuff. When obstructive events extend past a minute you know that's when real damage is occurring. Thankfully my obstructive events are far fewer than when I first started therapy but back in the beginning I was seeing numbers like 75 and 80 on a regular basis. These days they're 45 seconds or under.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2012, 08:53 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: My advise is READ and when youve done that READ some more and keep reading as this is where knowledge is gained. There isnt any short cuts, read threads, read posts read books and info on the net and slowly it will sink in to a point where you will open ResScan take a quick glance and say yep all is well.

Wish I could find the 'LIKE' button on here!

FLc
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2014, 03:26 PM)remscape808 Wrote: Wow that's pretty scary stuff. When obstructive events extend past a minute you know that's when real damage is occurring. Thankfully my obstructive events are far fewer than when I first started therapy but back in the beginning I was seeing numbers like 75 and 80 on a regular basis. These days they're 45 seconds or under.

Hi remscape808,

It sounds like the pressure is not high enough to prevent those long (45 sec) apnea events, although it may help a great deal to change some something else, such as your sleep position. (Sleeping flat on our back is usually worst position, requiring more pressure to avoid obstructive events.)

I suggest talking to your doctor about raising your minimum pressure setting. Raising the minimum pressure setting up to slightly less than the median pressure or the 95% pressure may be necessary.

Also, I suggest looking at the data using SleepyHead or ResScan to see what the pressure is during those long events. If the pressure is max'ed out during those long obstructive apneas, a higher Max Pressure setting (or a change in sleep position) would likely help.

Also, see if you can get set up to occasionally wear a pulse oximeter to measure how low your O2 is getting during these long events. I suggest checking prices from Supplier #19. (Supplier List link is at top of all forum pages.)

The wrist watch style of pulse oximeter is more comfortable to wear all night long, because it exerts less pressure.

Take care,
-- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 184 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 474 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.