Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Temperature and humidity settings?
Temperature and humidity settings?
Im trying to find a comfortable temperature and humidity setting.  Can you tell me your settings please.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Temperature and humidity settings?
75 tube 5 humidifier. It won't work for you though.   Too-funny
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
26 degrees celsius 3 humidifier.

Everyones settings will be different and depend on their background temperature and humidity.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like the others have said, every one is different. You may not need it at all. I live in Houston so I only use humidity for about 3 months a year. Also, your bedroom's temperature and humidity drives what is needed to be added by your machine. The only solution is try different combinations until you have to found what works best for you, and remember that whatever you like now may change with the change of season (winter is the dryest in most cases).
Post Reply Post Reply
86F. tube, 5 humidifier. Winter heat is dryer than a desert.
Post Reply Post Reply
5-8 for humidity and 86°F heated hose.

lots-o-coffee
Dave
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tube turned off. Humidity set at 3.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
No humidity, tube on 3 just to take the winter chill off what I breathe in ( Dreamstation )... going to no humidity, no heated tube in the next week or so as the weather warms.. summer is a bit slow kicking in to high gear at the moment.

And I want to cut power consumption to maximise battery life when I'm camping off the bike and using a 12 volt battery pack I made to run it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to fidget with the humidifier and tube temperature settings. With the Resmed A10, I have learned that the auto setting for both works best for me. Here in Kansas, the humidity and temperature vary so much that I couldn't keep up with the settings. The ClimateLine Air hose has a sensor built into the end of the hose where it mates to the mask. On the auto setting I always get an optimum amount of humidity and have yet to have rain out.

fos
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 126 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,136 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 359 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,903 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 791 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirSense11 - How to increase humidity BlueSky1958 8 664 10-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Desperate for Humidity level help please luigi28me 4 634 09-24-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.