Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Temperature of the sleep environment and Apnea correlation?
Temperature of the sleep environment and Apnea correlation?
Is there a correlation between sleeping environment temperature effecting AHI numbers?  I sleep best in a cozy blanket in a cold environment, and I've noticed that when it's warm like 75-79 degrees, I get more Apneas.  Why would that be?

I currently sleep with Air-con blasted to 68 degrees, and my AHI number has drastically gone down. Also, I recently moved to a dry climate, and it seems to have effected my sleep, and I believe humidity is a factor that not a lot of people look into for possibilities.

The sleep apnea one has could be addressed with various controls such as humidity, temperature, and a cervical collar. I wish healthcare professionals apply a scientific method to rule out all possiblities than just promoting CPAP equipment. Industry seems pretty biased in that direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Temperature of the sleep environment and Apnea correlation?
I've not taken notice of temperature to Apnea relation. I suppose cold it heat may affect the event count, but I'm not sure how or why.

The method used by healthcare is very much dependant on their field of practice. Sleep doctors will probably suggest PAP, ENT will likely suggest nose and throat surgery. And above that, most aren't too concerned to dig deeper into cause. They'd rather test to answer if you have Apnea or not, and if confirmed, they're very much a cookie cutter response is straight CPAP for Obstructive Apnea. Most cannot see Central Apnea nor know how to treat it. Ditto RERA, PLM, other sleep disturbances. It tends to confuse them when some other Apnea can't be treated with straight CPAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad CSA, Body temperature and Spicy foods. Boodmaster 4 794 03-26-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 348 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.