Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Temporary Seal on Resmed Airsense 10 Water Tank?
Temporary Seal on Resmed Airsense 10 Water Tank?
I'm on vacation and accidentally forgot the seal for the lid of my humidifier water tank on my Resmed Airsense 10 (use Soclean, so have to switch lids when away).  I'm hoping to find some ideas I can try to get the tank to seal, so I don't have to go another 3 nights without. 

I appreciate any help,

Justin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Temporary Seal on Resmed Airsense 10 Water Tank?
Are you talking about the gasket?  If so, you might look at a home improvement store for some very small window/door seal material; foam material or rubber gasket type.
Post Reply Post Reply
Humidifier chambers do not require a prescription, so if you can find a supplier for Resmed in the area you are vacationing, that may be a solution. You could also order from Amazon with priority shipping and have it in a day...that is what I would do.

The lid has a perimeter seal that does most of the work to seal the unit. You may be able to replicate that with soft rubber tubing, or just put in water and tape the perimeter shut. That should maintain the CPAP pressure within the chamber and direct it to your tubing and mask. The center down-tube is a more complex design that protects the flow generator from water spills, but the humidifier may work without it if you're careful.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jshafer81,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you are able to get your problem resolved, soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I'm in the middle of nowhere, so wasn't able to find much to work with. I was able to piece together a temporary seal/gasket using some plastic cling wrap and then used some medical tape to block any remaining leaks I could feel. Seems to be working well!
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the very same experience. Went on vacation, disconnected my SoClean and forgot the rubber gasket. I made a quick trip to the local hardware store and purchased some foam (located with the other foam tapes) for under $4.00, and taped it around the inside of the water container. It works perfectly! For extra measure, I used some blue painters tape around the outside of the water container to ensure the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 471 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 34 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,737 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,318 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,333 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.