Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tender nose
Tender nose
Been on the DreamStation for less then a week. Things are going really well. Using the Pilario Q mask and really like it. The question is does the "tender" nose feeling go away. I don't have any sores on my nose, just a very tender feeling through the day. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tender nose
Yes, it takes time to get used to the feel of nasal pillows. Just be sure you are using the correct size
nasal pillow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Newbie Granny,
If you find that your nostrils are soar, you might get some HPA Lanolin which is found in the baby isle of most stores and dab a “little” bit in each nostril; that may help toughen them up.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input. Inside the nostrils really aren't sore, it just feels like I've been punched in the nose!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Newbie Granny,
Sounds to me like you may be wearing the nasal pillows too tight. I understand that when they leak it is easy to just keep tightening them.
If you can loosen them before you turn the machine on and make sure they are just snug then, when the machine starts, they will seal and all you will need to do is adjust them when they leak. If you do feel that they are too loose tighten them little by little. After getting this advice I stopped "the punch in the nose" feeling virtually overnight.
If this doesn't work others will come forward with other tips.
Don[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
DonC: I don't think with this particular mask there is anyway to tighten or loosen the nose part. They just barely go in the nostrils and it is a one size fits all type of mask, unless the nostril part comes in different sizes! Huummm! Thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the pillow is a one size fits most.
You may be pulling the side adjustment straps too tight which would push the pillows up against your nose and be quite uncomfortable by morning, like a numbing feeling.
It should be just tight enough to stop leaks, but not so tight as to cause a "piggy nose." :grin:
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again,
I believe that the Pilario Q is shipped with two headgear options. One is adjustable one is not. Do you still have the box?
I really hope that this is the issue and that it will help.
Good luck,
DonC
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2015, 04:04 PM)Newbie Granny Wrote: Thanks for the input. Inside the nostrils really aren't sore, it just feels like I've been punched in the nose!!!

I still get that punched in the nose thing going on because I'm between sizes on nose pillows (for 2 different masks!). I alternate periodically with a Circadian cloth mask. While the leak rate for that mask is very low, the leaks are loud and thus need to use some kind of white noise (which I need any way due to tinnitus). Very comfy mask, but as I said, where it does leak, it's loud.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 147 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 645 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.