Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tennis Balls and Dogs
Since being told I sleep a lot on my back, I'm going to take an old t-shirt and duct tape a tennis ball on the back.

My concern, though, is I have two dogs who looooove tennis balls.

Anyone else who has tried this trick, how did your dog react? Any notice it? I can see me waking up with one of them tugging on it.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
you can hide the ball in a bum bag, don,t need any designer label bag, just any old bag will do the job Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've considered that, too. Due to other issues, I don't think a backpack would work.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

You could put a couple of balls in an old sock and fasten that to your back. Perhaps they won't notice that there's a tennis ball in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did clean out my sock drawer and have some odd ones left over. I could do that, yes! Good idea!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever tried to fool a dog's sense of smell?

Laugh-a-lot

I don't think I's try it with my Yellow lab who loves tennis balls!
Post Reply Post Reply

Ummm, OK, perhaps a _used_ sock then? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, my question is if your comfortable sleeping on your back why not? Our CPAP's should compensate for it, I just think you may be uncomfortable trying to sleep in a different position and you want to get as much uninterupted sleep as possible, but go for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2013, 07:33 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Ummm, OK, perhaps a _used_ sock then? Smile

Can't think of ANY reason that wouldn't work.... Laugh-a-lot

[Image: clothespinonnose104_zpsf41b6219.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

The problem with sleeping on my back is my AHI is higher on the nights that I do. If I wake up on my back, I already know the AHI is going to be higher than my norm. Granted, still less than 5, but every little point helps!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big dogs and CPAP DWaldman 10 1,388 10-25-2015, 02:47 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing