A Serious Illness
A Mild Illness
A Condition
An Annoyance
None of the Above
Dont Know
Dont Care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Terminal Apnea
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

Sex: Male

RE: Terminal Apnea
(04-28-2012 10:02 AM)Sleepster Wrote:  Unless the scheduling of those meetings at those times is critical to the job function. Correct?

this is where common sense would take over. i think we're looking at reasonable accommodation. it would depend how important your presence at the meeting is vs the importance of having the meeting at a specific time. maybe the accommodation could be the boss discussing the meeting with you at a separate time one on one.

another accommodation could be my wife's lunch break. if as a diabetic she needs to eat at a specific time, her lunch break could be scheduled differently from the others that must go without food or drink from 3 - 9:30 pm because they all work independently. this wouldn't work the same on an assembly line. i think back to elementary school so many years ago when vincent was allowed to have an orange in school because of what us kids thought was diabetes at the time. now i think it may have been hypoglycemia associated with poor diabetes treatment compliance or management at the time in the 1950's.
04-28-2012 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

I work for a company called ASDA also known as "WALMART" I work in the distribution side of the company and many hundreds of people work there. You can Imagine how hard it was to tell my boss about my problem and took alot of courage and time to break the news to him. One day when it was quiet and my bum, sorry belly was calm. I went into the lions den and ask for a quiet word with him in private. Luck was in because he was the only one there at the time so I began to splutter out about my disability and what it meant and that I was waiting for my test and equipment to come through. (I was shaking by now, waiting for him to sack me) He shook his head and said I knew something was wrong! he then openned his desk draw, which I thought here comes the sack and he pulled out a brand new Quattro ??? He sat there and laughed at me for a full 2 minutes, my face must have been a picture Too-funny

You just never know what surprises lifes going to give you Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2012 11:17 AM by Dreamcatcher.)
04-28-2012 11:16 AM
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(04-28-2012 11:16 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote:  I work for a company called ASDA also known as "WALMART" I work in the distribution side of the company and many hundreds of people work there. You can Imagine how hard it was to tell my boss about my problem and took alot of courage and time to break the news to him. One day when it was quiet and my bum, sorry belly was calm. I went into the lions den and ask for a quiet word with him in private. Luck was in because he was the only one there at the time so I began to splutter out about my disability and what it meant and that I was waiting for my test and equipment to come through. (I was shaking by now, waiting for him to sack me) He shook his head and said I knew something was wrong! he then openned his desk draw, which I thought here comes the sack and he pulled out a brand new Quattro ??? He sat there and laughed at me for a full 2 minutes, my face must have been a picture Too-funny

You just never know what surprises lifes going to give you Big Grin

LOL...... i can picture this.

It kinda sharpens the meaning of "know your audience" before preparing a speech.
04-28-2012 12:10 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Too-funny Theres not many companies that the boss will wake you with a cuppa Too-funny Bigwink Laugh-a-lot
04-28-2012 12:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The thoughts that I have on Apnea Board, and two other Apnea/PAP related forum ares. BiLevel48 16 4,507 04-30-2015 07:27 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Can Clear Airway Apnea not be Central Apnea? tomko44 17 7,882 12-08-2012 04:11 PM
Last Post: vsheline