Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: O.S.A. Terminal or Other ???
This poll is closed.
Terminal
4.35%
1 4.35%
Disabled
0%
0 0%
A Serious Illness
17.39%
4 17.39%
A Mild Illness
0%
0 0%
A Condition
78.26%
18 78.26%
An Annoyance
0%
0 0%
None of the Above
0%
0 0%
Dont Know
0%
0 0%
Dont Care
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Terminal Apnea
RE: Terminal Apnea
(04-28-2012, 10:02 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Unless the scheduling of those meetings at those times is critical to the job function. Correct?

this is where common sense would take over. i think we're looking at reasonable accommodation. it would depend how important your presence at the meeting is vs the importance of having the meeting at a specific time. maybe the accommodation could be the boss discussing the meeting with you at a separate time one on one.

another accommodation could be my wife's lunch break. if as a diabetic she needs to eat at a specific time, her lunch break could be scheduled differently from the others that must go without food or drink from 3 - 9:30 pm because they all work independently. this wouldn't work the same on an assembly line. i think back to elementary school so many years ago when vincent was allowed to have an orange in school because of what us kids thought was diabetes at the time. now i think it may have been hypoglycemia associated with poor diabetes treatment compliance or management at the time in the 1950's.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
I work for a company called ASDA also known as "WALMART" I work in the distribution side of the company and many hundreds of people work there. You can Imagine how hard it was to tell my boss about my problem and took alot of courage and time to break the news to him. One day when it was quiet and my bum, sorry belly was calm. I went into the lions den and ask for a quiet word with him in private. Luck was in because he was the only one there at the time so I began to splutter out about my disability and what it meant and that I was waiting for my test and equipment to come through. (I was shaking by now, waiting for him to sack me) He shook his head and said I knew something was wrong! he then openned his desk draw, which I thought here comes the sack and he pulled out a brand new Quattro ??? He sat there and laughed at me for a full 2 minutes, my face must have been a picture Too-funny

You just never know what surprises lifes going to give you Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2012, 11:16 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I work for a company called ASDA also known as "WALMART" I work in the distribution side of the company and many hundreds of people work there. You can Imagine how hard it was to tell my boss about my problem and took alot of courage and time to break the news to him. One day when it was quiet and my bum, sorry belly was calm. I went into the lions den and ask for a quiet word with him in private. Luck was in because he was the only one there at the time so I began to splutter out about my disability and what it meant and that I was waiting for my test and equipment to come through. (I was shaking by now, waiting for him to sack me) He shook his head and said I knew something was wrong! he then openned his desk draw, which I thought here comes the sack and he pulled out a brand new Quattro ??? He sat there and laughed at me for a full 2 minutes, my face must have been a picture Too-funny

You just never know what surprises lifes going to give you Big Grin

LOL...... i can picture this.

It kinda sharpens the meaning of "know your audience" before preparing a speech.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Too-funny Theres not many companies that the boss will wake you with a cuppa Too-funny Bigwink Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central Apnea or Obstructive Apnea GoodSleepHunting 0 1,007 03-01-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 22 3,392 08-02-2022, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  Apnea mystery: Cycles of normal, healthy sleep and apnea 'flare-up' periods lazysunday 9 1,584 12-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Zackio
  Apnea statistics question, how tightly controlled is your apnea? happydreams 24 2,848 06-13-2021, 04:38 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
  New to Sleep Apnea (central Apnea) cyipher 17 1,885 05-18-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can large tonsils cause sleep apnea? Would removing them prevent sleep apnea? WWu777 4 1,526 12-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.