Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Terrible Results
RE: Terrible Results
Quote: I am going to increase the minimum pressure to 9.0 for tonight. Good idea?

Yes, I think so. A small increase in base pressure should see the number of hypopneas and apneas fall further. I'd be interested to know what's happening at 02:30, but my guess it's positional.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your OAs at the end of the night look to me like they are sleep/wake junk. Your machine looks like it was turned off for a short period and then when it came back on - bam OAs. Looks like you might have been sleeping very lightly and drifting back and forth between sleep and awake. Or it could be positional or maybe even a combination of both.

It would not hurt to take measures to prevent seeping on your back as long as there are no negatives to back sleeping.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 12:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Your OAs at the end of the night look to me like they are sleep/wake junk. Your machine looks like it was turned off for a short period and then when it came back on - bam OAs. Looks like you might have been sleeping very lightly and drifting back and forth between sleep and awake. Or it could be positional or maybe even a combination of both.

It would not hurt to take measures to prevent seeping on your back as long as there are no negatives to back sleeping.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I also question the validity of these OAs as I am sure that I am not yet asleep when they occur. One thing I did notice last night was the speed with which my machine rose to 14cm (and a feeling of it being hard to breathe). I turned the machine off, then on again and let it run for about 20 secs before attaching it to my face. This kept the pressure down around 8-9 for a while. I'd be interested to see if this is reflected in the data when I view it tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep wake junk is interesting. Last night I took the mask off and stopped the machine for my usual constitutional after 6 lovely uninterrupted hours of sleep, came back to bed and put the mask back on and once again the pressure immediately went way up. I felt like I was choking. After 10 minutes of this I took it off and decided to wait for 30 minutes then let the machine reset itself. I've done this before and it works with the Icon. Anyway, during that time I fell asleep so never got to go back on APAP.

My AHI for last night was 13.4 but if I take out the 10 minutes that I used after turning the machine on after the bathroom stop then my AHI reads as 5.00. (A pity that the next two hours of non APAP sleep stuffed up all the good work that the machine had done).

So the question is, how do I get rid of this meaningless sleep/wake junk? Why does my machine cycle straight up to close to max pressure the moment I put it back on?

I'm hopefully getting a loaner Resmed S9 very soon so maybe this will change and my data will be far more accurate. I see my GP tomorrow and I'm hoping he will write me a new script to enable me to get the Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one grades your reports. You know what is real and what to count, and that is all that matters. The software is just a tool to help you optimize. You don't get reward points or win anything by being perfect, and no one will think less of you for bad results. AFAIK the data cannot be edited.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Holden4th - the ICON does have a ramp feature. So that if pressed the pressure will gradually increase. When I used the IKON I thought that I was sensitive to the SensAwake feature and turned that off. I did have two good nights sleep before an overseas trip and more jet lag - I then switched to a PR machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the feedback. The ramp feature is on but only seems to work at the beginning of the night. It starts at 8.00.

This is all relative now as I've got an APAP prescription from my GP and a loaner coming from the rental company. If this works out then I'll return the loaner at the end of the contract and buy from the US as xPAP machines are so expensive here in Australia.

Every day I feel that I'm making that little bit of progress. Eight hours sleep last night with a brief 10 minute break for the toilet and this time I was not awake before the alarm. I hope the figures reflect this when I check them tonight
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 529 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.