Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Test results seem horrific? anyone make sense of this?
RE: Test results seem horrific? anyone make sense of this?
(08-07-2015, 07:47 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I had much the same experience with DME. I was told my machine was new. After about 6 weeks use by me, and reading somewhere on this forum on how to check for machine/blower hours, I discovered that there were over 600 hours usage in addition to the hours I had on it, so called the DME and informed them of my displeasure with being given a used machine, and was going to report this to my insurance since they were the ones paying the rental. I asked for this machine to be taken back and given a brand new machine. Within 2 weeks, I had a brand new PR560 Auto still in original packaging, and no machine/blower hours on it.

If this is a machine you are going to keep, then you have a right to new, no matter if you or insurance is paying.
Just my 2 cents.

thank, I went in this morning before work and strongly voiced my displeasure. spoke with the owner of the company who brought out a new machine and showed me no hours on blower/therapy/machine.
swapped it out no problem.
Wha I thought was going to be trouble turned out to be easy enough to get a swap. especially after I showed them the printouts from sleepy head with someone elses data from this machine and another machine on it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it worked out for you. I guess the DME will hope the next person to receive this machine won't know how to access the menus. We are 2-percenter outlaws you know?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ferengi rule of acquisition #12. Anything worth selling is worth selling twice

Sounds like the DME is practicing this one!

Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I had 146 count, now less than 1 AHI consistently. Don't let the numbers scare you, be thankful you're on the path toward getting the help you need, sorry to hear about the clap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine was 49 two weeks ago. but I was tested and now you've been tested....step one done, the road to better AHI numbers is on the horizon
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Marc, you still need to have a copy of your sleep study records which includes both the raw data and the summary. You've made 4 requests. My suggestion is to call the office again and ask to speak with the person in charge of your medical record. Tell them that you want a copy and you want it within the week as you've made multiple requests. Make sure they understand that you want the entire record. Nobody should have to waste this much time getting their medical record and clearly someone is dropping the ball.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 77 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 210 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.