Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Tested wife with CPAP.
Tested wife with CPAP.
We finally found the time to try the machine on my wife, hoping it would reveal something.  She only used it for a bit more than 3 hours, but it did reveal an AHI of 7.  I set it on CPAP, and set it on the lowest pressure (4).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Tested wife with CPAP.
I would not put much stock in the results. It takes time for a person to adapt to the mask and machine. Wit that being said the pressure of 4 might be too low to gauge the results. The reason I say this is because the titration protocol says -
"Increase CPAP ≥1 cm H2O every ≥5 mins for obstructive apneas, hypopneas, RERAs and at least 3 min of loud or unambiguous snoring"

Maybe another trial at 5, then 6 could show an emerging pattern.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like your wife has joined the club. Depending on your insurance and money situation you may want to arrange for a sleep study with your Doctor.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with both responders' statements on principle; One battle rarely a war makes, and if she's been sleeping with an apnea sufferer for much longer than a fortnight she's probably suffering herself. Throw in her age, any body mass issues, other health concerns, and it's entirely possible she's even worse off than you.

Sadly, I fear this is the case for my own wife. She's had a rough five years with everything from rotator cuff to head injury, lost her mom, has fibro and celiac, irritable bowel that is a pure bitch in her case, and she sounds like a rock crusher when she tries to sleep. Tries.....almost never well if my ears are educated enough to tell.

Try the second and third nights, different settings, get her used to the sensations and sounds, and see how robust those first results are.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treatment thread for robbob2112 wife - need help robbob2112 7 496 11-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ivorpetkov (my wife) - Therapy Thread ivorpetkov 17 1,100 11-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  My Wife's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 2 379 10-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
Question New home sleep study device found - Contec RS10, has anybody tested it??? djrem3000 0 785 05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: djrem3000
  Wife tried machine, lots of flow limitations?! YouTakeMyBreathAway 31 2,745 05-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: YouTakeMyBreathAway
  Wife's Crazy Sleeping Heart Rate, Ideas? Apnea23 11 1,175 04-14-2023, 11:56 PM
Last Post: pwnorris

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.