Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Testing A10 Auto, Should I Try a Philips As Well?
Testing A10 Auto, Should I Try a Philips As Well?
I had an A10 Elite CPAP, and just upgraded to an A10 Auto. I am finding it noisier than the CPAP. When I started out last February, I was given a Philips CPAP. I do remember the pulsating to snap you out of a CA was much more pronounced with the Philips. I cannot remember if it was quieter or not. There is the 12v vs 24v and the $100 cable required by Resmed to have a battery backup...

Should I try the Philips Auto or is the Resmed the same or better?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Testing A10 Auto, Should I Try a Philips As Well?
Hi,

Both great machines, AS10 has looks , Philips has the reporting advantage.
I found that the ResMed machine had a higher pitch compared to the Philips one , both were equally quiet/loud.
I ended up buying the ResMed machine.

Someone here said that they put a towel under the ResMed machine to reduce the noise, give that a try.

I guess if you have a chance try the Philips one too, perhaps that may suit you better.

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2015, 03:46 AM)player Wrote: Should I try the Philips Auto or is the Resmed the same or better?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I've not tried PRS1 Auto and have tried both S9 and A10
I like S9 AutoSet best, even if its not the newest ... YMMV

Post Reply Post Reply
All are good devices - I use the PRS 60 and take an S9 when I travel (not mine - I rent it for travel purposes). Both are quiet and well behaved machines - ResMed machines have an odd sigh or hiccough at the end of a breath I have noticed, but you get used to it fast, and I have never had reason to complain about the noise, except when the blower nears end of life. It happens....

Many like the A10 but I haven't had a chance to play with it, so I cannot comment, beyond the comment that I preferred the water tanks of both the PRS and the S9 over the A10's on the one chance I had to hold one in my hands. But that is just a personal thing. Again, each has their pros and cons, but in the end are equally good devices, with the S9 being behind in reporting abilities, but otherwise a generally good machine.

If you can try them both out, do so. Some people hear the pitch of one machine more than the other, both suffer from tank and tube noise to some extent (here the S9 beats the A10, since the S9 has a blimped tank that drastically cuts tank echo) and some noise carried along the tube is inevitable, alas. What is more likely to be the problem will be the pitch of the compressor or the amount of tank echo. Each device has their own pitch and echo, so you may find one is less annoying than the other, but the reality is that both are equal in dB output, just the pitch differs. Quality of care is identical, but uses different algorithms to determine pressure adjustments and pulses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,819 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,605 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,034 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 234 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.