Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Install
OSCAR Install
I have been using CPAP for 13+ years. I just installed OSCAR which has data for this year when I got a new machine. I still have my Resmed 9. Should I import that data to OSCAR or Sleepy head just to have a longer history? I generally have low ahi on the new machine and the leaks I have don't wake me like they used to.

If I do import the old data, will OSCAr combine it automatically or do I need to follow some other import steps?
Thanks
Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Install
I would make a second profile simply because there are situations that could cause issues, especially if you use both machines on the same day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2019, 01:54 PM)bonjour Wrote: I would make a second profile simply because there are situations that could cause issues, especially if you use both machines on the same day.

The old machine is just fro emergencies, I also have a transcend I can use in emergencies but I tend to take my S10 on vacation. With those circumstance would you still recommend a separate profile for the old machine, I just want to see what the differences are with the new machine. I know I am getting more sleep and less leaks that wake me. I just want to see the differences.
Post Reply Post Reply
Setting a different profile for each machine will keep the data for each of the separate.  It is easy to select the profile you wish to view.  I currently have 23 profiles set up for testing,  I will have more.

FYI S10 refers to a model line that contains many models from your AutoSet to the CPAP brick, you should say AutoSet instead
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2019, 08:42 PM)bonjour Wrote: Setting a different profile for each machine will keep the data for each of the separate.  It is easy to select the profile you wish to view.  I currently have 23 profiles set up for testing,  I will have more.

FYI S10 refers to a model line that contains many models from your AutoSet to the CPAP brick, you should say AutoSet instead

Okay its a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. I added a new profile, should I use a separate folder for the import or will OSCAR automatically separate different machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
Change your profile to the new profile then import.  OSCAR will handle the rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2019, 08:14 PM)AlanF51SA Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 01:54 PM)bonjour Wrote: I would make a second profile simply because there are situations that could cause issues, especially if you use both machines on the same day.

The old machine is just fro emergencies, I also have a transcend I can use in emergencies but I tend to take my S10 on vacation. With those circumstance would you still recommend a separate profile for the old machine, I just want to see what the differences are with the new machine. I know I am getting more sleep and less leaks that wake me. I just want to see the differences.

I use just one  profile for my machines it works just fine if you use only one Resmed device per day (between midday-midday) I use one for travelling and one at home. Just make sure you use different SD cards for each machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2019, 01:42 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 08:14 PM)AlanF51SA Wrote:

I use just one  profile for my machines it works just fine if you use only one Resmed device per day (between midday-midday) I use one for travelling and one at home. Just make sure you use different SD cards for each machine
I want the simplest way to compare overall data between the two machines, I "feel" like I am doing better on the S10 but would like to review reality to see if it matches what I feel.
Would that be one or two profiles?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would migrate your sleepyhead data on install then use that profile for subsequent data loads to keep your history in one place
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,386 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,575 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How To install prisma ts software ? Amir Eid 11 8,220 05-26-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Unable to install Oscar on ubuntu 22.04 BrassCat 2 781 05-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BrassCat
Question Can't install the Prisma Software on Win11 Budgie 0 653 01-15-2023, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Budgie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.