Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Testing new CPAP unit. How will it show on Oscar?
Testing new CPAP unit. How will it show on Oscar?
Hi,

I have recieved my new Resmed S10 Auto today. As I haven't used a CPAP machine before (except for titration) I wanted to test it for a while and used it for 30 minute at 20.00. How will this appear on Oscar? As a separate sleeping session (like a nap) or will it look that I didn't use the CPAP for a few hours (untill I'll go to bed to sleep).

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Testing new CPAP unit. How will it show on Oscar?
a straight 20? That is a very unusual setting and one that only a few people would stand.

Try 6-20 with EPR=2, fulltime
ramp off
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure there is an SD card in the machine. Sometimes they are shipped without one.

And yes, it will show as a separate session, which you could just turn off in OSCAR if you wish.

Remember that a cpap recording day is from Noon to Noon, so any sleep sessions within that time frame will show the next day.

Also, OSCAR will only allow you to download your data once within the 24 hour period.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2020, 01:53 PM)bonjour Wrote: a straight 20?  That is a very unusual setting and one that only a few people would stand.

I meant at 8 p.m. , not the pressure  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  How to delete CPAP data in OSCAR before sleep and after waking? Apnealicious 30 4,496 09-29-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Question Newbie to CPAP but going to use OSCAR Jimmy Lotus 4 710 08-31-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  What is OSCAR's unit of measurement for "Snore"? And, more importantly, how could I DaveInDenver 1 550 08-14-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Show RERA in Events Chart GeorgePa 3 773 06-09-2023, 05:41 AM
  Philips CPAP auto, 6 or 12 graphs in OSCAR. RickEiben 6 854 05-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: RickEiben

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.