Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Testing sleep apnea using the CPAP machine
RE: Testing sleep apnea using the CPAP machine
You missed 2 important charts, flow limits and snores. Your pressure rose, it wouldn't if there are no events.

Your stats for snores and flow limits show something is happening.

How do you feel? I'm not arguing that your AHI is great, but something is going on so how do you feel? And be critical.
Post Reply Post Reply
surely if you wanted to see what happens without the machine you would set it to min 4 max 4 so it cant increase pressure and then see what the AHI count is, setting the minimum pressure to 4 just means the Resmed has further to go to treat your apnoea but the resmed still goes there as it reacts to Flow limitations and Snores the precursors to Obstructive Apnoea
Post Reply Post Reply
    Hi, here are a couple more charts, one showing the snore/flow limitations and the other two my flow rates.  There are two distinct different patterns that I experience each night.  I feel better after getting on the CPAP, the mornings are about the same when I get up but I no longer feel drowsy during the day.  As I may have mentioned before I have few and any events during the night so overall the results are good.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You were expiratory mouth breathing for the first half of the night, inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth.

Your charts should always include the following
Events
Flow Rate
Flow Limits
Mask Pressure or Pressure
Leaks
Snores

We will let you know when other charts are needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tks for the analysis, I will start using my chin strap again and see how it works and post an update in a couple days as a follow up.  I will adjust my charts too.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out the mouth breathing portion of the Mask Primer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,531 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 137 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 271 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 237 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 127 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 229 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 295 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.