Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Texas Mark (Therapy Thread)
RE: Texas Mark (Therapy Thread)
(06-22-2022, 05:54 PM)SleepinAZ Wrote:  I guess from what you are saying and from what I have read, Phillips has changed up their menu on the DS2 and has removed a lot of the selections a user can make, including access to user data.

The default user menu is limited. But getting into the provider menu is easy and I think that is where you get the Flex options. I think there are only  few extra menu items on the DS1 (provider options) that are not on the DS2. Access to user data (on/off) is also in the provider menu on the DS2. 

If it wasn't for the fact that my DS2 can't "phone home" because I don't have Verizon coverage here, I would not have even been digging around in the menus. The replacement DS2 was supposed to automatically get the settings from the DS1 (cloud) the first time it made it's call, but it was a no go on that. Just get a call status of 1-0 (connection error).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Texas Mark, good to know. If and when they ship me a DS1 replacement, if it is a DS2 at least I will know what I am dealing with. I have the same issue with Verizon signal at my house unfortunately, I get 1 bar if I am lucky.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I changed that Flex from 3 to 2 and the comfort was noticeably better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2022, 07:14 PM)Texas Mark Wrote: If it wasn't for the fact that my DS2 can't "phone home" because I don't have Verizon coverage here, I would not have even been digging around in the menus. The replacement DS2 was supposed to automatically get the settings from the DS1 (cloud) the first time it made it's call, but it was a no go on that. Just get a call status of 1-0 (connection error).

In theory, this case is supposed to be covered by using your phone or tablet as a conduit via DreamMapper. Bluetooth from DS2 to phone, phone to mothership via Wi-Fi or cellular.

I take it that didn’t work?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2022, 06:28 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: In theory, this case is supposed to be covered by using your phone or tablet as a conduit via DreamMapper. Bluetooth from DS2 to phone, phone to mothership via Wi-Fi or cellular.

Yes, I was able to use DreamMapper app to get the data and it did upload it to the DreamMapper site. However, i don't think that is where the provider looks for the data they want to see.

In any case after 2 days, the unit magically connected and has been uploading daily (and also got my old settings which I had to adjust again). I wonder if they have a "backup" way of communicating (i.e. try Verizon first and then try another carrier if that fails continuously). I have an outdoor game camera that works like that (i.e. can use multiple cell carriers).
Post Reply Post Reply
Texas Mark,

My DME was in the loop with Philips for the replacement. They had the serial number and all the information on the new DS2 that got delivered to me and I think they were the ones that enabled the DS2 to connect and replace the DS1 as device 1 in the web based DreamMapper. The old DS1 settings got uploaded to the DS2 when it first connected via the cell modem. I kinda think my DME did all this through the Care Orchestrator software they have which may connect through Philips's system. It could be your DME that coordinated with Philips and your replacement was a bit late activating the cell modem and pushing the settings through.

Your provider and DME would likely use the Care Ochestrator software to view your data or modify settings and this is done via the cell modem.
https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/p...chestrator

You can check to see if you have Verizon coverage near your ZIP code.......
https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2022, 02:40 PM)StratCat48 Wrote:  It could be your DME that coordinated with Philips and your replacement was a bit late activating the cell modem and pushing the settings through.
You can check to see if you have Verizon coverage near your ZIP code.......
https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/

Possible, but the quick start guide said to just plug it in and give it 5 minutes to get the settings.

I never go by coverage maps, they are not very accurate. I live where there is a lot of terrain (hills) and you might get a signal in one place, but not around a bend. I have an iPad with Verizon and it gets no bars here. Until we got the AT&T tower about a year ago, everyone was stuck on land-lines. In any case it's all good now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 34 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 61 956 35 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 71 1,316 2 hours ago
Last Post: Little Olive
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,395 8 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,074 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 587 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 487 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.