Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Texas Mark (Therapy Thread)
Texas Mark (Therapy Thread)
I had just received my DS2 to replace my recalled DS1. As i noted in another thread, it can not connect with the modem and thus I had to transfer the settings myself.  The DreamMapper app seemed to indicate a "normal" night for me (i.e. pretty much the same results). However, something felt different. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I felt a bit "wired" this morning when I woke up. I downloaded OSACR (never used it before). Can someone take a look at these screenshots and see if anything jumps out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Texas Mark (Therapy Thread)
Here is the last screenshot.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would recommend turning off your Ramp and changing your flex level from 3 to 2. For some reason most people complain that Flex level 3 on Philips DS machines feel like it is out of sync with your natural breathing including myself. Also, you might try C-Flex if A-Flex doesn't feel right to you. Nothing else really stands out to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepinAZ........

"Also, you might try C-Flex if A-Flex doesn't feel right to you."

While the DS1 had Flex-A and Flex-C selectable, I don't believe there is a choice in the DS2 and I 'think' it uses what would be a Flex-A algorithm. I have looked through the clinical menu and all I could find was Flex 1,2,or 3
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2022, 12:30 PM)SleepinAZ Wrote:  For some reason most people complain that Flex level 3 on Philips DS machines feel like it is out of sync with your natural breathing including myself. 

Yes, I seemed to notice that on the DS2 even thought the DS1 was on 3 and seemed ok. 
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok good to know StratCat48. I have a DS1 and a DS go which have both Flex A and C. Didn't know Philips made a change with the DS2 to just one option Flex, likely A. If and when Philips replaces either of my fairly new units with a DS2 (hopefully) I will try it out and see if I can perceive any differences.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepinAZ............

When I had my DS1 it was set to C-Flex. My DS2 shows A-Flex in OSCAR, so I presume that's what it is. I can't say I noticed any difference going from one to the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2022, 02:57 PM)SleepinAZ Wrote:  Didn't know Philips made a change with the DS2 to just one option Flex, likely A. 

FWIW, the DS2 has Flex options of Off, 1, 2 & 3  I did not see an Auto like on the DS1. On my DS1, there are two separate Flex settings. The first one is set to Auto, the second one is set to 3. So I am not sure if the Auto over-rides that 3 (on the DS1).  Note: I had never had to mess with any of these settings before, so I am not sure what a lot of them do.
Post Reply Post Reply
In regards to my previous post, I did not see the previous ones that talk about Flex A & Flex C (I don't even know what those are).
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the confusion. On my DS1 and DS Go in the menu under "Comfort" when I scroll over to "Flex" and select it I can chose from Flex A, Off, or Flex C. Not sure what firmware version I am running, but I got both my DS1 & Go new in 2020. Like StratCat48, I don't remember much if any difference from Flex A to Flex C, but I could tell a difference from from Flex level 2 vs. 3. For me I felt like I was constantly out of sync with my breathing vs. the DS on level 3. I guess from what you are saying and from what I have read, Phillips has changed up their menu on the DS2 and has removed a lot of the selections a user can make, including access to user data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,059 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,198 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.