Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Text within SleepyHead window way too small for me to read
Text within SleepyHead window way too small for me to read
Just imported data from my SD card in to SleepyHead for the first time. All of the text within the SleepyHead window is so small that I have to squint and strain to read it. I tried checking the View menu, but here doesn't seem to be a zoom feature. How can I change the size? Do I need to play with my screen resolution (Windows 10)?

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Text within SleepyHead window way too small for me to read
Using v1.0.0-beta-2
Post Reply Post Reply
File, Preferences
Select the Appearance tab
In the lower half of the displayed screen, are locations to adjust font sizes.

If that doesn't work, then you may need to adjust your display in your operating system.
If you reduce the resolution, the images are bigger.
With Windows, there is an option to increase/decrease font sizes.

I would expect Apple and Linux to have similar options.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
There's an option in SleepyHead to use larger fonts. Preference-appearance.

If you have a high resolution 4K screen, try doing a Right-click of the desktop on your machine, and selecting Display Settings, to change the Display Resolution. It is possible to increase font sizes, or if necessary use the Advanced Options to change the screen resolution to a more conventional size. You will want to select a display resolution ending in 1080: #### x 1080.  This may make icons and other programs look less than optimal, but it is easy to switch screen resolution.

If that does not work, Mark reports the following regarding 4K high resolution screens:

Quote:This is caused by a bug in Qt cross platform libraries not working with 4k screens properly, the newer version of Qt libraries fix this, but unfortunately to get at this, it means redesigning a whole chunk of SleepyHead UI code from the ground up because of forced deprecations.

This solution was suggested:
Quote:Pete White Peter Holsberg, I, too, had these issues with SleepyHead and several other programs when I bought a new computer with Windows 10 and a HighRes monitor. I found this solution while searching a similar problem I was having with Photoshop. Some of the plug-ins were unreadable because the font was way too small. Other problems, in some other programs, were things like labels did not line up with buttons, font too small in comparison with other native Windows programs, buttons overlapped, etc.

I tried every trick I could find yet nothing worked until I found the following solution. It worked for SleepyHead and every other program with these issues so far. You must be comfortable with changing a registry entry and creating a file that you will add to each folder containing the main ".exe." file of any offending program.

Rather than explain the whole process, here is the link. It fixed my SleepyHead viewing issues. Make sure to follow the directions exactly. It might look a bit intimidating to some but it really is quite easy.
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-s...plays-fix/  

That's all I got.  The new 4K screen resolutions are kind of rare and Sleepyhead has not been programmed to deal with it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all. Silly me - didn't even to think to look in the File menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
What works for me (sometimes) on my Windows7 is hold down Ctrl (control) and press + key to enlarge area.  Use scroll bars to zoom around page.  Use control - to shrink back but might not get back to exact starting size.

Can't hurt.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I was having the same issue!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 968 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 750 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 489 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Small unicode and parse issue in 1.5.0 clan 0 404 09-24-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: clan
  OSCAR Blank window - Mac KATWITCH 2 549 08-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,077 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 675 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.