Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thank Heavens We're Moderated
(05-29-2017, 04:14 PM)Fedman Wrote: I don't mean to be a smart ass but I can't help wonder why bother going to the other site.  This forum has been great.  And truth be told, I don't even know what the "other" site is.  Once I found Apnea Board, I stopped looking.

I happen the same, stop looking at the other forum, this one by far is much better
Post Reply Post Reply
Curiosity got the better of me and I found the other site.  They have some buffoons over there.  I won't be going back.  Taking a quick look only confirmed that the true professionals are over here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I moved this thread to the Off-Topic forum since it's not really about CPAP or Sleep Apnea.

Looks like the spambots have ended over there and things are back to normal.
Wouldn’t wish that kind of mess on anyone.   Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

That's it. If you want help or information, this is the place. But if you feel like butting heads, that's the place.
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It is good they are there, to provide that service for them.

And I am glad they got it fixed! When i checked it out, there were 366 pages of nothing but spam. And that is with members deleting what they could.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I hate to admit it but sometimes I feel ornery. Less now than before CPAP
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

While Supersleeper feels that we might be a target, the way this board operates makes it highly unlikely and was the reason for the title of this thread. I applaud Supersleeper's vigilance and also like the civilised way we discuss issues here.

My inquisitive mind wonders whether other forums with similar loose membership checks like 'that other forum' has have also been targeted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Those bots do the webcrawling to seek out forums to attempt their "advertising," so, yes, the weaker the security measures deployed to prevent it, the more likely the bots will find the forum and swarm. No human would make the decision a CPAP user forum is a good place to advertise Korean gambling sites in the native language, that's just dumb.
Post Reply Post Reply
I enthusiastically add my thanks to our group of moderators. You guys are doing all the rest of us a great service.

Thanks

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Though it's been about 2 months since others have posted here, I too say thanks to Mods for a great job. I realize every site can be a help to the sleep apnea cause, this was the first and only site I registered on. And I don't feel any need to look elsewhere. Again, thanks to all, especially the Mod group, for a clean and useful site.

Dave
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From the heavens....... Dreamcatcher 3 1,695 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Last Post: PollCat