Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thank Heavens We're Moderated
(05-29-2017, 04:14 PM)Fedman Wrote: I don't mean to be a smart ass but I can't help wonder why bother going to the other site.  This forum has been great.  And truth be told, I don't even know what the "other" site is.  Once I found Apnea Board, I stopped looking.

I only go there for the comic relief and to keep my mind off what's happening with our government at the moment. 
Lolabove Lolabove Lolabove Lolabove Lolabove Lolabove
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand alphabet boy is also on the long list, that Trump is going to give pardons to.
new http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...re_success
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
From machine or charts for auto-cpap, set the min 1cm below median pressure, or 2cm below 90/95%. max at 20cm for now. Forum will help you fine tune settings
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2017, 05:59 PM)Rcgop Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 04:14 PM)Fedman Wrote: I don't mean to be a smart ass but I can't help wonder why bother going to the other site.  This forum has been great.  And truth be told, I don't even know what the "other" site is.  Once I found Apnea Board, I stopped looking.

I only go there for the comic relief and to keep my mind off what's happening with our government at the moment. 

For those of us who were raised in the era of "The 3 Stooges," and later, Rodney Dangerfield, the "other" forum is entertaining. I once (actually, twice) asked a CPAP related question there, and received NO replies. Same question here, 47 replies, all helpful.
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

What other cpap forum are you guys talking about. I only know of one and this one is all I need. Couldn't have started my internet forum foray on a better site than this. In fact this is the only forum I chat on. Folks here are so sincere and go out of their way to help! Kudos to Supersleeper, moderators/monitors and all the staff. Thanks like

p/s: When I asked my ENT Dr on machines and views, he said to check out the forums  Dielaughing..
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants.... 
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2017, 10:51 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: What other cpap forum are you guys talking about

Can't post the link, since that forum is owned and operated by a commercial Durable Medical Equipment (DME) provider (sells CPAP machines online), and most commercial links aren't allowed in our forums (see our commercial links policy in the forum rules).  That forum is owned & operated by Supplier #1 if you want to check it out.  You should be able to get to their forum from their online store-- look for a link at the bottom under "community".

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-25-2017, 10:51 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: p/s: When I asked my ENT Dr on machines and views, he said to check out the forums  Dielaughing..

Yep, increasingly folks tell me that their health care professional has recommended Apnea Board if they have any questions.  Of course, no one here is acting in the role of a health care professional, and all we can do is provide help as best we can within the scope our personal knowledge and experiences. 

As our caveat states on every forum page:  "INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT."
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(07-22-2017, 07:27 AM)jsielke Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 05:59 PM)Rcgop Wrote:

For those of us who were raised in the era of "The 3 Stooges," and later, Rodney Dangerfield, the "other" forum is entertaining. I once (actually, twice) asked a CPAP related question there, and received NO replies. Same question here, 47 replies, all helpful.
Ok, I just couldn't resist to see what was going on over at the other forum after reading your comments.  It's like a train wreak!  You can't look away.  They obviously have some very knowledgeable people over their trying to contribute thoughtful analysis but they have a classic example of "the blind leading the blind."  When members have to put "Don't listen to so and so because he doesn't know anything" in their signatures, that's a pretty good clue that the forum might want to consider some sort of moderation. 

But hey, I liked The 3 Stooges while growing up!  Now I know where to go to get my fix!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's an absolute gong show over there with our former forum member (alphabet boy as he is called) occasionally (often) wreaking havoc.

It is soooo much nicer over here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us not turn this thread into a forum bashing. Both forums serve a purpose and meet the needs of those who drift one way or the other.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Good point Paula. Thank you.

Greetings to you all from Europe!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From the heavens....... Dreamcatcher 3 1,715 04-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Last Post: PollCat