Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thank You!
Thank You!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone on this board. With your help, I was able to work through some frustrations and it seems like CPAP is starting to work.

I have now changed my pressure to 6-14 with EPR of 1 and ramp time of only 5 minutes. I run a mask fit every day before I put on my mask for the night, ordered a CPAP pillow, got a cervical collar and have been careful to make sure humidifier tank is full and mask is clean. I've also raised humidity to auto with the temp at 80F. 

All of these changes started on Monday. Since then my nights have been:
  • 1.23 AHI (0.62 CA, 0.62 HA)
  • 1.7 AHI (0.3 CA, 0.3 OA, 1.1 HA, 0.2 RERA)
  • 1.05 AHI (0.48 CA, 0.10 OA, 0.48 HA, 0.10 RERA)
  • 2.00 AHI (0.75 CA, 0.37 OA, 0.87 HA, 0.25 RERA)
  • 1.41 AHI (0.62 CA, 0.18 OA, 0.62 HA, 0.09 RERA)
  • 1.08 AHI (0.3 CA, 0.3 OA, 0.49 HA, 0.20 RERA)
Some of that is SWJ and some of those events happen when I am seemingly moving around. I can optimize further and will ask for that in the future, but for now this is better. The first two days this week were TOUGH. I was so, so, so tired, but on the third day I felt AWESOME. I've been sleeping around 7 hours a night and my energy is constant all day. I actually was wide awake until 2am yesterday because I slept in until almost 10am yesterday and today (oops!)

I think I can raise my lower pressure up to 7 or 8 and likely eliminate more of the events, but I felt great now.

Another fun benefit for someone like me that has anxiety induce hypnic jerks (my breathing rate changing suddenly freaks me out and jerks me awake during naps) is that I'm able to pull up data on OSCAR and see that I, in fact, didn't stop breathing. More fun benefits - my Apple Watch sometimes will show a SPO2 reading of like 91% - 94%, but that doesn't correlate with any events, so I can assume those might be bad readings. In fact, it helps me when I see my HR readings showing low blips of like 40 or something. If there is no APNEA event, I can assume I'm probably just fine! (I've had full tests prior to getting the sleep apnea diagnosis, so I'm confident I'm okay).

This board has helped and I look forward to more assistance in the future!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thank You!
Congrats. Just monitor your events and connect these to how you feel. Zero events is not what to shoot for. Very low events and feeling good and comfortable is a solid goal however. Stick with it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep! That is my goal! I want it under 5 and to feel okay. I did wake up this morning with a mouth full of air after a dream of coughing, so I’ve determined that it was a leak (leak rate was high last night, but I know how to fix).

I’m glad I didn’t quit the other day.
Post Reply Post Reply
This site / forum / members is worth it's weight in gold.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
So, so glad to see that you managed to work through those tough days and keep going to get some relief. Well done and congrats!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.