Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thank You All
Thank You All
I just wanted to get back and thank everyone that helped me. Like many others, the docs didn't really get it done with the sleep test and prescription. Thanks to all of you, I had the opportunity to learn a bit about how to set up my S9 and over a couple of months, I have gone from 65 OAs untreated to AHIs less than 5 with OAs in the 1 to 3 a night. I'm feeling rested and this is a huge advance in my situation.

I got help from all over the states, Australia and Germany.

Along with SleepyHead, help with that and my S9, I want to thank all of you for the education and guidance.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thank You All
(09-11-2014, 08:05 AM)BiBob Wrote: I just wanted to get back and thank everyone that helped me. Like many others, the docs didn't really get it done with the sleep test and prescription. Thanks to all of you, I had the opportunity to learn a bit about how to set up my S9 and over a couple of months, I have gone from 65 OAs untreated to AHIs less than 5 with OAs in the 1 to 3 a night. I'm feeling rested and this is a huge advance in my situation.

Along with SleepyHead, help with that and my S9, I want to thank all of you for the education and guidance.

Glad you're feeling better!

The reason everything generally sucks is that there is no additional money for optimal care.

* The sleep lab gets paid to wire you up with sensors
* The doc gets paid to see you, declare a diagnosis and write you an order for a machine.
* The DME gets paid to send hardware out the door.

However nobody gets any significant amount of money to make sure you're actually getting the results you need, so you wind up with a handful of expensive contacts with the medical industry, a machine, and still feel like crap.

Congrats on finding apneaboard! I actually ran across it when trying to find out how to set the secondhand machine I got started with.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2014, 08:05 AM)BiBob Wrote: I just wanted to get back and thank everyone that helped me. Like many others, the docs didn't really get it done with the sleep test and prescription. Thanks to all of you, I had the opportunity to learn a bit about how to set up my S9 and over a couple of months, I have gone from 65 OAs untreated to AHIs less than 5 with OAs in the 1 to 3 a night. I'm feeling rested and this is a huge advance in my situation.

Bob

I'm glad you found this forum and are feeling better about your sleeping.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2014, 08:58 AM)Terry Wrote:

The reason everything generally sucks is that there is no additional money for optimal care.

* The sleep lab gets paid to wire you up with sensors
* The doc gets paid to see you, declare a diagnosis and write you an order for a machine.
* The DME gets paid to send hardware out the door.

However nobody gets any significant amount of money to make sure you're actually getting the results you need, so you wind up with a handful of expensive contacts with the medical industry, a machine, and still feel like crap.

Congrats on finding apneaboard! I actually ran across it when trying to find out how to set the secondhand machine I got started with.

Terry

Wow! You've definitely described it accurately. I have wondered why no one actually guides us in our journey in how to use these great machines, now I know - money isn't there to teach us.

Post Reply Post Reply
"Tell me how people will be measured & compensated and I will tell you how they will act." (Words to this effect by Eli(yahu) Goldratt, author of the "The Goal" and "It's Not Luck".

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Glad you're feeling better!
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
Great!!! I'm glad your treatment is working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BiBob,
It's great to hear that you are feeling better. Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
So great to hear a success story, glad it is working out for you..
have great dreams and restful sleep...

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbs-up-2
Well done!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.