Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

export of Cheyne Stokes parameter
RE: export of Cheyne Stokes parameter
CSR breathing

Quote:Evaluation  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK448165/

Cheyne-Stokes respiration is characterized by alternating apnea and hyperventilation during sleep, mostly in the N1 and N2 sleep, and also when awake. This can be clinically observed and documented with a cyclic variation of breathing pattern with a change in saturation from 90% to 100%. Minute ventilation is not routinely monitored during sleep studies. The hyperventilation is documented by rising and falling chest excursions and the tidal volume. If the patient is on a ventilator, then the cyclical change in tidal volume and minute ventilation can be graphed together. The apnea/hyperapnea cycle is around 45 minutes to 75 minutes. This cycle is longer than other causes of central sleep apnea cycle, which typically have a cycle length of 30 to 45 minutes. Cheyne-Stokes respiration is worse in the supine position or moving from supine to lateral body position.

Quote:Etiology https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK448165/
Cheyne-Stokes respiration is a specific form of periodic breathing (waxing and waning amplitude of flow or tidal volume) characterized by a crescendo-decrescendo pattern of respiration between central apneas or central hypopneas. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) recommends to score a respiratory event as Cheyne-Stokes breathing if both of the following criteria are met:

1. There are episodes of at least three consecutive central apneas and/or central hypopneas separated by a crescendo and decrescendo change in breathing amplitude with a cycle length of at least 40 seconds (typically 45 to 90 seconds).

2. There are five or more central apneas and/or central hypopneas per hour associated with the crescendo/decrescendo breathing pattern recorded over a minimum of two hours of monitoring.

This should help
so, waxing and waning pattern with a central event between then and duration per the above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, thank you for clarification and the URL.
Andreas
Post Reply Post Reply
I truly appreciate the explanation given here.
Back to my own report; I'm going to post some screenshots.

Andreas I appreciate you asking this question. It helped me a lot.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Export CSV Empty? Only Headers? Wellue/ViHealth PhadeL 0 194 03-05-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: PhadeL
  OSCAR export all data each day/each moment Jan Flikweert 1 445 12-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,434 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar File Export Sessions DanEm 32 1,892 09-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 611 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58
  Cheyne-Stokes not shown on OSCAR w/ new Autosense 10 !! JoyD. 2 520 02-26-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: JoyD.
  Leak Data Export herenthere 3 525 02-11-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: herenthere

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.