Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thank you for this forum
Thank you for this forum
Thank you to all of you who manage and contribute to this forum! It is wonderful. I just started my treatment with a new ResMed S9 Auto CPAP with the Humidaire 5i two nights ago. I had been using the Klearway dental appliance for the past 5 years but decided to discontinue it as a primary treatment for OSA when I experienced jaw problems as a side affect.

If I may ask one quick question: I have downloaded data to SleepyHead and ResScan 4.1 software and have looked at the clinician settings on the unit itself. Is temperature the only setting for the humidity level? My mouth seems to be dryer than I had expected. (P.S. I am using nasal pillows by Opus 360)

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thank you for this forum
Just wanted to say Welcome Bill! Others familiar with your set-up will post shortly I'm sure! Great forum with lot's of information!!!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bbybill and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not able to help you with "Sleepyhead," but as far as your humidity goes, if you are having a problem with dry mouth, turn it up a notch or two and see if that helps, I think the humidity can be set independantly from the temperature. Hang in there for more suggestions. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
if you,re using the climate line ... you have two options:
1- auto mode: you only set temp to your preference while protecting against rainout
2- manual mode: allows to set both temp and humidity to your preference ... providing you with greater flexibility without rainout protection

if you,re using the slimline
you can adjust humidity level (from OFF to 6) to whatever level most comfortable for you

there are remedies for rainout. nobody can recommend a setting for you .... you have to try and find out what works best for you
everyone (nose too) is different

for dry mouth try what Trish suggested and maybe you need a chinstrap to help keeps mouth closed .. mouth breathing can dry the mouth

the manual is available via Email ...scroll down to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 setup instructions with pictures and videos
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Post Reply Post Reply
I use an S9 Autoset and I think that the temperature setting only controls the temperature of the Climateline (heated hose). The humidity level setting is represented by a water drop icon and the settings range from off and 1 through 6. In the clinical settings you can set it to automatic, manual or patient. In automatic it adjusts by itself, in manual you have to set it from within the clinical menu and if you set it to "patient" it will split the regular settings to be a water drop and a thermometer where just the thermometer used to be. click on the water drop and you can set the humidity level from the regular menu. Just remember that if you set the humidity level too high and set the hose temperature too low you might get rain out (water condensing in the hose). I leave my temp as high as it will go (86 degrees I think) and my humidity as high as it will go (6). The only problem with this is that if I sleep much more than 6 hours I run out of water.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I was wrong.

I just fiddled with my machine and it seems both the "patient" and "manual" settings for "climate control" in the clinician settings put the water drop out in the main settings and allow you to change the level from there.

So; what is the difference between the "manual" setting and "patient" setting? Is there one? If not; then why are they both options?
Post Reply Post Reply
If the setting is NOT 1st set to "Patient", then the patient canNOT change the other settings. You would have to go to the DME / Sleep Doctor every time you wanted to change it.

So, set it to "Patient" & then make changes when / if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you could also be mouth breathing at night. Did your sleep study indicate that? If you have a bed partner, have you been told you snore with your mouth open?

Also, sometimes too much humidity can cause dry mouth, too.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 05:13 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I think you could also be mouth breathing at night. Did your sleep study indicate that? If you have a bed partner, have you been told you snore with your mouth open?

Are you suggesting you can snore with your mouth CLOSED?
I guess I learn something new every day. Still.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 10:19 PM)Ugly Wrote: Are you suggesting you can snore with your mouth CLOSED?
I guess I learn something new every day. Still.

People snore with their mouth closed all the time. They usually end up with their mouth open, since that's the body's natural reaction to not getting enough air through the nostrils, but a lot of people start snoring with their mouth closed.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 335 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 222 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 719 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,622 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,775 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 516 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,953 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.