Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thank you for your support and information!
Thank you for your support and information!
I just wanted to thank everyone for answering my (newbie) questions and for all the information posted here. 

I finally have my appointment to pick up my CPAP this Friday. My doctor prescribed the ResMed Autosense 10 ( which is what I wanted) and a mask of my choice. (my doctor also has sleep apnea!) He did include the mask type used for my sleep study(nasal). I found it very comfortable but I am hoping to move to a nasal pillow mask. 
Thanks
I feel super positive and am looking forward to my treatment. I hope that you all will be there for me as I adjust. 

Happy new year!
Darci

P.S. I did receive my sleep study results and would post but am trying to find a way to get them out of the app on my phone--other than screen shots. And I'll admit to telling people that I must be some kind of super-human since I do not require oxygen when sleeping Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thank you for your support and information!
Keep us posted--you know the great members here will continue to answer your questions as you start this journey! It does help to have a doctor who has sleep apnea--so does mine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your new machine!

Congrats
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It's a great machine! I sure like mine.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
(update) first night of sleep with my CPAP. I slept 10h 51min! AHI of 1.1 (it was 80 in my study)! My husband kept poking me to see if I was alive because I was sleeping so quietly (after years of sounding like a buzz saw and him sleeping in another room when he was really tired). I also got a green smiley face for mask seal (I followed the instructions in the wiki for adjusting mask fit and trying a few pillow sizes).

It took me about 5-7 minutes to figure out to fling the hose over my headboard and I was asleep. I woke up once with my nose feeling irritated from the mask and made a small adjustment then was back to sleep.

My machine does seem to have connected to cellular service yet so I don't have data to post. I will call my DME on Monday about that.

I can't wait to see the cumulative effects of good nights of sleep! If things keep going this well I may need to change my name to "DarciSleeps".
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations! 1.1 is excellent.

About the data: From the machine's display, you can get the same numbers that the DME gets via the cellular link and that you see with myAir if you use myAir. That cellular connection doesn't send the full sleep data from the SD card; it only sends the times, AHI, leak rate, etc. If you scroll around on the A10, you can see those basic numbers, along with long-term AHIs averaged from the daily AHI numbers.

By the way, the cellular connection should (as I understand it) happen once per day, one hour after the end of the sleep session. A Resmed day is defined as noon to noon (which must cause problems for working musicians and bartenders, among others who sleep from 6 AM to 2 PM).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. MyAir said that the data hasn't updated yet. And in the machine where it shows cellular signal strength there is a circle with a line through it. My phone has signal here so I wonder if the machine isn't set up right or not functioning properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine provides an on-screen sleep report that is more complete than My Air, but you need to make a small change to settings to get the best information. In the clinical settings, scroll down to Essentials, and change the setting from ON to PLUS. The on-screen sleep report can be set for one-day, 7-days, 30 days and 90 days for averaging. Choose the period you want to review (1-day) and you can see the AHI, central index, hypopnea index, and respiratory statistics like tidal volume, minute vent, respiration rate etc. All of this without an app or computer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I went into to the clinical settings and it was already set that way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,448 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 664 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 458 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Lowenstein prima 25s support ? cbow48 6 716 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Macka
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 311 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Started CPAP treatment - Would like advice on my sleep study and OSCAR information Mythique 27 2,890 01-16-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Pressure Support David Clark 23 1,766 01-08-2024, 04:01 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.