Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Hello all, I decided to stop lurking and create an account. Smile I've been on APAP for about a month and reading here almost as long. I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone answering questions.

By reading here, I learned what to expect, troubleshooting the P10, adjusting fit etc. which has really made this process easier. My next step will be downloading the software and delving into the data more. I'm sure I'll have some questions on interpretation.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the board - your name caught my eye, my wife is Sharon N also Smile
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sharon. Glad you're having an easier transition, and always good to hear people are benefiting from the collective knowledge here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SharonN,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are getting adjusted to your CPAP therapy.
hang in there for more responses to your post.
Good luck to you as you continue on your journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SharonN,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Knowing what to expect is a big help in getting used to xPAP therapy. Use Sleepyhead so you can be on top of how your therapy is progressing.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello SharonN,

Welcome to the board.

Sleep well,

Mitch
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2016, 07:31 PM)SharonN Wrote: Hello all, I decided to stop lurking and create an account. Smile I've been on APAP for about a month and reading here almost as long. I just wanted to say a big Thank You to everyone answering questions.

By reading here, I learned what to expect, troubleshooting the P10, adjusting fit etc. which has really made this process easier. My next step will be downloading the software and delving into the data more. I'm sure I'll have some questions on interpretation.

I did the same!
Reading for over a month even before I started treatment.
I want to say a huge thank you to everyone on this forum!
I’m new into treatment (2 weeks) and all theses information been of so much help.
Keep the good work going on; it is so helpful to many!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SharonN. Welcome to apneaboard Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
I, too, want to thank you for your knowledge and willingness to provide suggestions to resolve issues. I've been using my machine since last November and really do find I'm sleeping much better, most of the time.

My machine started making an irritating whining noise when I inhale. I switched out the hose, tried both the nasal pillows as well as the dream mask (I have both) to no avail. Ripped the mask off in disgust last night and slept(?) very poorly.

This morning at 8:30 am I called Apria, the provider of my machine, to get some help troubleshooting. It's afternoon now, no call back from them yet. Not wanting to lose another night's sleep - and feeling quite cranky from lack thereof, I Googled my issue and found your site.

Thanks for the suggestion of putting a towel under my machine. I think that may just have resolved the issue. We shall see tonight. Glad you are here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice for first time CPAP traveller - sharing a room with people. Hopingforachange 5 633 07-19-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: djont57
  Resmed S9 and 10 are they sharing same motor blowers SealL30 9 2,906 11-06-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New user sharing the start of my journey Smartyna 3 650 10-26-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Limited knowledge on CPAP results and how to tinker with it hannahthefox 3 787 04-06-2020, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP modems and remote changes to your settings without your knowledge robysue 193 43,193 01-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Last Post: WSHenry
  Sharing data with doks? Why? OMyMyOHellYes 14 2,143 02-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Last Post: packtheknife
Question 1 week of CPAP; sharing my sleep study willo 10 3,063 12-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.