Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 9 Min 13 Max
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Type 2 Diabetic

Sex: Male

RE: Thanks for the Help! Another CPAP Rookie
Well 5 nights on the machine and all is well. Doc called and told me to try the AutoSet and I programed it to a low of 7 and high of 12 per his instructions. We will see if this works as well as the straight CPAP mode. I have had very little trouble with the straight CPAP mode but he said this might even be more comfortable. Really like how my Doc and his staff have called a few times to see how it is going! Only issues so far have been some minor leaks and getting the hose out of the way.
Headboard project was scrapped after wifey spoted a dresser that had a pull out shelf to expose the machine and could be tucked in during the day. So now its off to the drawing board to plan making a new cabinet for my side of the bed...will be a lot less work than a total headboard rebuild...or should be anyway. Been looking at servo powered track sliders like I put on my TV consol...I like to push buttons and watch things move!

Going to play with Sleepyhead and Rescan this weekend and see if I can figure out what im looking at. I am hoping this dream machine just keeps getting better and better...can't believe how much more energy I have now!
05-08-2013 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
skyler Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Respironics ASV
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Wisp
Humidifier: System One Respironics
CPAP Pressure: 8-12-20
CPAP Software: Not using software SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed February 2008

Sex: Undisclosed

TinyL, you're no rookie. You did your homework and were able to express yourself with the therapist so well that you got the machine you wanted. Great!
For five years my machine has been a couple of inches above my mattress. I know that's not the recommendation, but it works fine for me.
Actually, we are all rookies and our knowledge base should always grow as our experience grows. I really used to have my head in the sand thinking I had read the manuals and hung around the forums, but I am ashamed at some of the attitudes I've had.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 07:14 AM by skyler.)
05-09-2013 07:14 AM
TinyL Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 9 Min 13 Max

Other Comments: Type 2 Diabetic

AHI 2.0 last night...the AutoSet mode seems a little easier to breath with. In fact I kept feeling for leaks since the pressure seemed so much lower, but all was good and no leaks. Did not get woken up due to pressure changes...so I guess I will work on slowly tweaking the high and low settings over time as I have read so many have.
05-09-2013 09:50 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi TinyL,
That's good to hear that your Dr. and their staf checks to see how your therapy is going, most people aren't that fortunate.
It's GREAT to hear that you are doing so well with your CPAP therapy. You might want to wait a week or so before you start tweaking with your pressures because every night is different. Wait a week or so and you can begin to see a trend in your data to better help you set your pressure to what works well for you.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!

trish6hundred
05-10-2013 01:51 PM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(05-04-2013 05:49 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  You may get rain out regardless of the height of the CPAP machine and the way you route the hose. If you need the humidity so high that you are getting rain out then you need either a heated hose or a "blanket" that wraps around the hose and insulates it. Especially because you like the room so cold.

Hi TinyL, what Sleepster said.

The heated hose works far better than the insulating wrap, and the wrap would make the hose too stiff, also.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
05-11-2013 02:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board