Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airmini Therapy Data available?
Resmed Airmini Therapy Data available?
Hi
Is there a possibility to get the therapy data out of an Airmini - without using their cloud and asking your health provider for the data?
The app's overview-dashboard definitely gives too few information...
I checked the "feedback" option in the app, which gives the opportunity to send files to Resmed (or anyone), but these files only include status information on the device (as also already stated in other threads on this forum). Therapy data however is not included.
Thanks for any help!
Cheers
S
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airmini Therapy Data available?
Not that I've heard of. It's one of the main drawbacks of the Airmini.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
As of now, no joy.  However there are folks in Europe who are digging into the puppies and there may be a solution in the near future.  Use the ? Search tool in the black ribbon at the top of the page or check out the Possibly Related Threads... at the bottom of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2018, 06:33 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: As of now, no joy.  However there are folks in Europe who are digging into the puppies and there may be a solution in the near future.  Use the tool in the black ribbon at the top of the page or check out the Possibly Related Threads... at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the hint - indeed there is an existing identical thread where this topic is already discussed.  Look out for thread „Resmed Airmini Software“. Unfortunately as a newbie I am not allowed to place direct links...

My apologies for opening a separate discussion — but to be honest, I did not find these postings in the first place when I did a search...

So please refer to the original discussion. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed Airmini did not include a SD card slot and relies entirely on wireless data transfer. Best advise is don't buy it, and tell Resmed you won't until they include a SD card slot. Let's hope this is not something they expand to other machine lines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 08:31 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Resmed Airmini did not include a SD card slot and relies entirely on wireless data transfer.  Best advise is don't buy it, and tell Resmed you won't until they include a SD card slot.

It's not like they didn't have room for it, because they can use micro-SD. Even the $35 Raspberry Pi has a micro-SD slot (well, it has to, because it stupidly has no SATA for disk drives), so it's also not as though adding the card slot would have increased the manufacturing price significantly.

But since they didn't do it right to begin with, redesigning the circuit board and firmware to include that is a significant cost. Sad

My gut feeling is that the CPAP manufacturers are all heading toward strictly wireless: Bluetooth & cellular, and probably 802.11 a.k.a. wi-fi eventually, and away from physical digital media, which they see as being obsolete. I hate it, but that's what's happening in the tech industries in general. For instance, the telcos don't like physical transmission media either (too expensive to maintain); they're all trying to go to fixed cellular for residential service wherever fiber-to-the-premises isn't in place or planned, and they're killing off copper local loops big-time. It's a very sad situation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fats, I agree, but the line in the sand for me it access to the data, and if the next generation of machines does not have it, I will stock up on this very high quality current generation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2018, 02:14 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Fats, I agree, but the line in the sand for me it access to the data, and if the next generation of machines does not have it, I will stock up on this very high quality current generation.

Yes, and they're moving toward making the data available wirelessly, that's the main thing. What I predict is that the SD card will eventually be replaced with a wi-fi module and a web server in firmware, so that you'll get the data by browsing to a 192.168.1.xx IP address the way you do with a router or gateway now. Alternatively, the manufacturers could say to hell with the web server and just provide proprietary PC software (no source code) to read the device's data, in a proprietary format, over the LAN. That locks out all third parties. That's my prediction, and I hope I'm wrong.

As I said, I don't like it either, but they seem determined to go wireless with everything just because it's all the rage. This ongoing "Internet of Things" trend has devolved into insanity.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 839 3 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 176 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.