Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thanks to the Experts
Thanks to the Experts
I am old enough to remember the many decades when we didn't have he internet. Think about that in the context of CPAP. Without the internet, CPAP users would not have the benefit of the expertise shared in this forum. New users would be given their machine and sent along their way to flounder around on their own with only scant information and no ability to change machine settings. No OSCAR, no nothing. With that in mind, I propose a hearty THANK YOU to the experts whose patience and tireless dedication is a real blessing to today's CPAP users. Thank you for improving our lives.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thanks to the Experts
here, here! (or is it hear, hear?) I know I'm deeply grateful for this site, kind and helpful AB members & the dedication of the oscar team, without which I'd be in a much worse place now.
Post Reply Post Reply
The internet is a double-edged sword! It cuts both ways. But, in regards to forums such as this one, it's been a remarkably positive experience.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding another "Hear, Hear!" to this thread.  A hearty thank you to the experts who not only provide excellent guidance, but are also attentive and willing to keep helping us throughout the process.

Without this forum, I wouldn't have pushed my doc for a CPAP prescription and already seeing improvement.  Instead I would have been waiting for my referral appointment that's at least 4 months out.  The board members have already improved my quality of life and I am so thankful for you all.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Amen brother. These doctors should get their medical license revoked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Kudos to all the experts who are sharing their expertise and guiding newbies like me. My sleep physician stated hey your AHI is below 5 and everything is all good. Stop by every 3-6 months to get a new mask, pipe, etc. and come for an annual checkup and get your machine checked out.

Thank you for the community service that all of you provide.

Best Regards,

Kashyap
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2021, 10:32 AM)ArcherNeedsSleep Wrote: Adding another "Hear, Hear!" to this thread.  A hearty thank you to the experts who not only provide excellent guidance, but are also attentive and willing to keep helping us throughout the process.

Without this forum, I wouldn't have pushed my doc for a CPAP prescription and already seeing improvement.  Instead I would have been waiting for my referral appointment that's at least 4 months out.  The board members have already improved my quality of life and I am so thankful for you all.

Thanks

This is something I feel pretty strongly about. I will do almost anything to avoid a night in sleep-clinic prison, and know that the tests rarely do anything to help the patient get better therapy than they can get using a good auto-CPAP with some coaching.  Tests are for insurance companies to transfer costs to patients and coverage. Titration tests are to prove a patient does not need a higher level of therapy and bring in more fees. Prove me wrong.  Glad it's working out for you, and thanks for the feedback.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2021, 12:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:32 AM)ArcherNeedsSleep Wrote: Adding another "Hear, Hear!" to this thread.  A hearty thank you to the experts who not only provide excellent guidance, but are also attentive and willing to keep helping us throughout the process.

Thanks

This is something I feel pretty strongly about. I will do almost anything to avoid a night in sleep-clinic prison, and know that the tests rarely do anything to help the patient get better therapy than they can get using a good auto-CPAP with some coaching.  Tests are for insurance companies to transfer costs to patients and coverage. Titration tests are to prove a patient does not need a higher level of therapy and bring in more fees. Prove me wrong.  Glad it's working out for you, and thanks for the feedback.

I couldn't agree more with both of these posts.  This forum was a huge help to me in the early days of my therapy and I am eternally grateful for all the help I got.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When UARS Is Lung Disease? Lung experts? Apnea23 25 1,747 07-06-2023, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Apnea23
  [Equipment] Calling all electronics experts.... macca1024 0 620 03-19-2022, 02:27 AM
Last Post: macca1024
  Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed hallra 49 4,821 05-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  A few questions for the Experts streetwolf 5 1,285 10-23-2017, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Experts. Please help. Fifa 6 1,532 08-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Wink Thyroid Disease and CPAP Question - Need Thyroid Experts linn 17 4,839 11-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Terry
  If my settings are there to limit, then why.... (asv experts and all experts) vig1116 4 2,430 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Last Post: PaytonA

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.