Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

That darn cat
That darn cat
I'm pretty sure my cat went potty on my machine when I turn it on i smell it. I keep it on the floor at night move to table by the bed in the morning. I cleaned with vinegar and soapy water then air dry I hope that works.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: That darn cat
I use a bedside stand with large drawers which would prevent a problem like this. Yuck! If your vinegar didn't work, then I would get an enzyme cleaner from the pet store. Change all filters and clean the external parts as best you can. The cleaner has to neutralize the strong ammonia smell of cat urine, and vinegar might not be up to the task.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I'll try that. I had it on the bed side table but at night I kept knocking it off and didn't want to damage it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't usually post pictures of our room, but give this a try. A bedside drawer protects and silences equipment. You can find them inexpensively. I used a hole saw to cut a hole through the back of the drawer and cabinet to pass the hose and electric through. It looks a lot less medical this way, and I usually stash the hose during the day, but this is how I use it.

[Image: EF17842A-98BD-4EE5-9398-4742D51CFD9D.jpg]

Open the drawer and service the humidifier.

[Image: 760565B1-E890-46ED-9F7C-46754FB31C54.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My set up is a perfect cat hideaway once I hang the towel curtain style down in front of the machine..... so subsequently I have no cat. Big Grinnie

[Image: 20160709_165618_zpsnlovtu9e.jpg]

And are you sure the odour isn't coming from the mask?

Mine can get a bit "woofy" if I haven't washed it for a few days, or have been eating strongly seasoned or flavoured foods.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2016, 09:46 AM)shortyd Wrote: I'm pretty sure my cat went potty on my machine when I turn it on i smell it. I keep it on the floor at night move to table by the bed in the morning. I cleaned with vinegar and soapy water then air dry I hope that works.

A warm xCPAP machine in a comfortable and convenient location is a cat magnet.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Buy a new machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider:

You must have the drawer open when you use your machine don't you? Otherwise I'd think it might get hot and that the air might be a bit restricted. Actually, it seems to me if you leave the drawer open that it would amplify the sound like a sound cabinet.

Otherwise, pretty slick idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cleaned the machine 3 times let it air dry and ran it for about a hour before I used it and last nite it was fine.
Thanks for all the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2016, 03:22 AM)Lanco Wrote: Sleeprider:

You must have the drawer open when you use your machine don't you? Otherwise I'd think it might get hot and that the air might be a bit restricted. Actually, it seems to me if you leave the drawer open that it would amplify the sound like a sound cabinet.

Otherwise, pretty slick idea.

Drawer is closed during use, and much of the day. The machine and humidifier do not heat up any more than in an open room. there is a lot of air-space in the drawers and they are not at all air-tight, especially with the access hole in the back. Drawers have felt lining on the bottom and there is a pad on the bottom. The machine is dead silent, not even the sound of air moving. I have done this for years with at least 4 different machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Well, darn, forgot to put the card back in. FrankNichols 18 3,811 10-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Darn this Stubborn Cold! Newbee2016 6 1,584 09-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Ohmy Darn Aliens... Moriarty 11 3,914 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ImaSurvivor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.