Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The 2319 breaths that my Dreamstation ASV took for me last night
RE: The 2319 breaths that my Dreamstation ASV took for me last night
To be frank you are drawing incorrect conclusions from poor data...

1) The Resmed machine is more responsive because of the way it is programmed and that is why your AHI is lower with it. Your Dreamstation is failing to treat many of your apnea resulting in the high number of residual hypopnea.

2) The dreamstation is clearly not reporting time in apnea correctly as it clearly shows apnea events but zero time in apnea. Your time in apnea is low almost every night on Resmed ASV and if you manually calculate time in apnea you will realize you are spending as much if not more time in apnea (and way more time in a state of depressed breathing once you take hypopneas into account)...
(12-02-2021, 08:19 AM)S. Manz Wrote: Mine has V1.0.6 which I believe is their latest version. It can also be updated with the memory card.

Mine is V1.01. Where would I get the update?
Lindan,
You can find firmware updates here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

Scroll down until you find your machine.
Please read all directions carefully before updating firmware.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thank you for the link OpalRose. I have successfully updated my machine to V1.06.
(12-02-2021, 11:40 AM)Geer1 Wrote: To be frank you are drawing incorrect conclusions from poor data...

1) The Resmed machine is more responsive because of the way it is programmed and that is why your AHI is lower with it. Your Dreamstation is failing to treat many of your apnea resulting in the high number of residual hypopnea.

2) The dreamstation is clearly not reporting time in apnea correctly as it clearly shows apnea events but zero time in apnea. Your time in apnea is low almost every night on Resmed ASV and if you manually calculate time in apnea you will realize you are spending as much if not more time in apnea (and way more time in a state of depressed breathing once you take hypopneas into account)...

Yes "Frank" Geer1:-)
You sound like a person who thinks their carrying an umbrella with them actually helps with stopping the rain:-)
Dude, just because Resmed  doesn't bother to monitor the most critical data (and thus doesn't do anything about them) and fails to report on them and instead comes up with great little AHI numbers, it doesn't mean your AHI numbers are really that low.
Look, Resmed doesn't even monitor things like "Backup rates of breath" or "Rise Time" (the transitory time between inspiration and expiration) , so it doesn't even know what rate to back your failing breath at.. Instead it only relies on the last 90 seconds of a potentially very sick person's breathing pattern and makes decisions on that poor observation. Resmed doesn't report on how many breaths it provided you through the night, simply because Resemed doesn't even calculate it because it never even monitors it. Resmed's firmware as compared to DS is like a Cowboy's attempt at a new rendition of Shakespeare's King Lear:-)
Do not get me wrong, I also OWN a Resmed ASV which like my DS I have fully paid for, which is how I know Resmed is a poor excuse for a ASV machine.
Thanks for the input though. Keep'em coming:-)
(12-02-2021, 05:19 PM)LindanHotAir Wrote: Thank you for the link OpalRose. I have successfully updated my machine to V1.06.

Great job!
Does it show full mask pressure now?
I wanted to show you how a small rise in minimum Pressure Support results in a huge increase in Patient Triggered Breathing.
This is a screenshot of my data after I increase my PS Min to 5.5

If it's based on a one night trend, I'd not trust what you're trying to prove with these setting edits. It's altogether very odd looking settings, but it's your therapy.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I encourage all members to take S. Manz thoughts with a grain of salt. Much of his treatment is counter productive to his case but he chooses to wing it on his own rather than listen to doctors or other members. The majority of online community here and on other forums is in disagreement with him regarding PR vs Resmed ASV capability and even his reported AHI disagrees with his opinions...

S. Manz you say you have central apnea (and we believe that to be the case) yet you choose to use high levels of PS which supplies excessive ventilation triggering central apnea effects depressing your spontaneous breathing effort which then forces the machine to work harder hence the high number of machine initiated breaths. Your selection of min PS based on how you feel when wearing the mask while awake is not based in science and everything points to it being counter productive, forcing the machine to breath for you is not the goal of ASV treatment...

If you actually want to learn something and improve your settings then do a test using your fancy statistics to prove I am right. Try min PS levels of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for a week each, calculate the average machine initiated breaths at each of these settings and then draw a conclusion on which setting minimizes the amount of work the machine has to do to try to maintain your breathing.
(12-03-2021, 12:18 PM)Geer1 Wrote: .... Much of his treatment is counter productive to his case but he chooses to wing it on his own rather than listen to doctors or other members. ....
Now you are a doctor? I thought you were the same guy as the other one with a different handle?
PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU FIND UNUSUAL ABOUT MY SETTINGS TO CAUSE YOU TO SPAM MY POSTS WITH YOUR NONSENSE BECAUSE CHECKING YOUR PROFILE SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTRIBUTIONS ANYWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN SPAMMING OTHER'S POSTS:-)

My settings are recommended both by the manufacturer as well as my own doctor.
The only thing that is slightly up is the Pressure Support setting that is 1.5 CMH2O above the recommended setting and this (according to both my doctor and Philips) reduces the number of machine initiated breaths, but then again you don't even have (or know) how a Philips DS works (just like you don't know how a Resemd works):-)
It is evident that you are here under various pseudonyms to spam other people's posts, perhaps because you didn't finish primary school or get enough parental cuddles growing up or something or both...WHO KNOWS?:-)
Here, I have attached the manufacturer's suggested settings for a good bedtime read:-)

Take this as my formal request to STOP spamming my posts.

.pdf   Phillips.pdf (Size: 56.62 KB / Downloads: 8)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with self-titrating BiPAP for UARS - low % of spontaneously triggered breaths? Bibbbooker 21 905 01-29-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Intermittent large breaths jwest 0 303 08-20-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: jwest
Question [Diagnosis] What are these deep breaths and holds? phr00t 8 1,371 07-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Xeros
  Are my breaths normal? Long pauses, jagged lines. Nathan Graves 5 1,015 07-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: car54
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 869 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 920 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New issue "missing breaths" on ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV schleepyhead 4 792 02-17-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: schleepyhead

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.