The Best Bits? (Trekkies)
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
The Best Bits? (Trekkies)
Having spent many years watching Star Trek from the 60's to present day, I was wondering what was your best bit was it an episode or a film or just a moment in time. I have many favourite moments from the very beginning to the present day although I do believe that it has come to an end. You could say they ruined it with all the different shows (Deep space nine etc)

04-15-2012 12:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: The Best Bits? (Trekkies)
The very first Star Trek, the pilot. Menagerie. After that, the Tribbles.

With ST:NG, my fave show was the one where Picard goes back home after the Borg. Where he and his brother fight in the mud. Patrick Stewart is an excellent actor. Jonathan Frakes, not so much.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-15-2012 01:46 AM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

My favorite Trek bit is a bit more esoteric and philosophical in nature.

It's the episode(s) or movies where the Kobayashi Maru test is talked about. It deals with how to win in an "unwinnable" situation or test.

I think it's a very good lesson to learn that when you're confined to a specific "system" that is designed so that there is no possible way to win, you in fact cannot win by playing the game "within the system". Instead, you need to step back, take a look at the larger picture, and realize that the deck is stacked against you, and the only way you're going to win is to take action from without the system (not playing by the rules of the system) or [actually change the system] in order to win such a no-win scenario.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-15-2012 09:36 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

There's also the ST:NG one where the aliens they meet speak in terms of a situation. "When the walls fell" and "with sails unfurled". They kidnap Picard and he and the alien captain go down to a planet and fight something and figure each other out.

That one has me thinking a lot. I really liked it. Someday I'll use that in a book.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

04-15-2012 09:38 AM