Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The Devils Dinner
Angry 
Well after being off work for a month I thought I would weigh myself and after spending months in the gym all the hard work has been a waste!!! Ive just tipped the scales with an extra stonePerturbed

Eat-popcorn Guess its time to cut out food again and stopping looking at it
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 08:42 AM)Gazby Wrote: Well after being off work for a month I thought I would weigh myself and after spending months in the gym all the hard work has been a waste!!! Ive just tipped the scales with an extra stonePerturbed

What, pray tell.... is a "stone"? Huh
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 09:14 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 08:42 AM)Gazby Wrote: Well after being off work for a month I thought I would weigh myself and after spending months in the gym all the hard work has been a waste!!! Ive just tipped the scales with an extra stonePerturbed

What, pray tell.... is a "stone"? Huh

Sorry still working in the old measuring system Ive put on about 14 LB which is about half a Kilo. wheres my tissues Sad(((((

Post Reply Post Reply

Ah, got it... thanks... keep forgetting about those British terms...

14 pounds isn't that much... you should be able to shed those in a month or two of casual dieting... wish that was all I had to shed. Confused
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 11:30 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: wish that was all I had to shed. Confused

10-4, back door. oops, cb talk. here i sit 260 pounds and 6'2" it's way too many stones per meter or however ya say it. LOL....
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 03:51 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 11:30 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: wish that was all I had to shed. Confused

10-4, back door. oops, cb talk. here i sit 260 pounds and 6'2" it's way too many stones per meter or however ya say it. LOL....

260 and 6' 2" aint back at all you have to allow for your height Im about 5' 10" and Im up at 210 they say muscle is a lot heaver than fat and is probably why Im heavy cos I look quite fitBigwink

Post Reply Post Reply

(03-20-2012, 05:18 PM)Gazby Wrote:

260 and 6' 2" aint back at all you have to allow for your height Im about 5' 10" and Im up at 210 they say muscle is a lot heaver than fat and is probably why Im heavy cos I look quite fitBigwink

i'm fat in the middle, like pregnant and carrying the baby low, ready to pop.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2012, 05:18 PM)Gazby Wrote:

Don't sweat the weight. Sweat the fat, particularly abdominal fat. Health is your bottom line, and fitness contributes mightily to that.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, studies show that when you use a starvation kind of diet, the body stores more fat. It thinks food is scarce so it stores it.

Portion control, small meals with the largest being breakfast, healthy snacks, and simple cardio exercises. You want the heart to beat faster than it does when you sit still.

And see a registered dietician if you want food questions answered properly. Not a nutritionist, but a registered dietician. They know their stuff. The nutritionist I saw at the health dept showed me a food pyramid chart from the 70s and said: eat more of this stuff and less of that. No details and no portions. The dietician I saw two years ago was great. She fit my diet to fit me and my lifestyle then showed me how to adapt it as I went along. Wish I could go back to her.
Post Reply Post Reply

(03-22-2012, 12:06 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Actually, studies show that when you use a starvation kind of diet, the body stores more fat. It thinks food is scarce so it stores it.

Portion control, small meals with the largest being breakfast, healthy snacks, and simple cardio exercises. You want the heart to beat faster than it does when you sit still.

And see a registered dietician if you want food questions answered properly. Not a nutritionist, but a registered dietician. They know their stuff. The nutritionist I saw at the health dept showed me a food pyramid chart from the 70s and said: eat more of this stuff and less of that. No details and no portions. The dietician I saw two years ago was great. She fit my diet to fit me and my lifestyle then showed me how to adapt it as I went along. Wish I could go back to her.

Your completely right there Paula you need the fuel to lose weight so starving wont work as we say over here you cant run a car on nothing you have to put the fuel in to burn the miles Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's for Dinner?? retired_guy 6 1,242 09-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Last Post: retired_guy