Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The DreamStation Foam Removal Thread
RE: The DreamStation Foam Removal Thread
I'm really interested in this mod, how did it work for you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I installed my "empty" casing today and it seems to work fine. The latest video by Nick contains the clearest and best instructions for disassembling and reassembling the DS1 available. There is no single best solution.  For me, the casing without the foam was the better solution. None of the options are perfect, and you have to decide which is best for you. I am satisfied, and I hope nothing negative comes out relating to off-gassing, etc.  Assuming no negative information comes out, when I do receive a replacement DS1 BiPAP, I would consider replacing the "new" foam with casing with the empty casing.  I am not certain any foam is safe.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the first night with the empty casing, AHI was 0.  I have been monitoring O2 sats for the past month, and had my best night so far with 0 desaturations below 90.  Lowest O2 sat was 92.  So far all is good.
Post Reply Post Reply
DRAIN WEASEL. Frustrated, spent a long time working on this.  removed the foam that is accessible from the center bottom.  But for the one located near the top, cannot get the drain weasel into the foam.  It always is below the foam. Have tried bending the weasel also. see pics.  pic with arrow just shows where i am inserting the weasel. suggestions please, thanks, I really appreciate the help.                     
Post Reply Post Reply
I swapped out my own foam removed chamber with my resealed with duct tape (and even that caused some fuss) with the replacement chamber and I can smell or report any changes.

MY Dreamstation ASV works just as it always had.

Unlike almost all new plastic products this chamber had no smell I could detect.

It was clean smelling from the first breath.

My 2 cents worth.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone have a video link they can post on replacing the chamber on the DS1? There's quite a few out there and I would like one without unpleasant surprises when I open the case.
Post Reply Post Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu-P4pD2hEQ

I've replaced 3 now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I finally ordered a new foamless chamber for my Dreamstation. I'm hard of hearing and my wife says my backup defoamed system one is whistling. So in the interest of marital harmony I ordered the chamber even though it annoys the crap out of me that Phillips and the VA have done nothing about the problem. Oh well, happy wife...
Post Reply Post Reply
" Well I finally ordered a new foamless chamber for my Dreamstation "

It sure would be nice if Philips made these available. Someone pointed out some physical differences in the mold, on the unit they received vs the oem unit they had. They may be from a Philips supplier and it's just an updated mold, or they might be from some totally different manufacturer (that perhaps doesnt use a plastic type that is suitable ?) that is filling a need. That last thing is what stops me from ordering one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I installed my foamless case today,the only difficulty I had was getting the electrical connectors off. My sausage fingers are a little big for such fine work. The machine started right up and we'll see how it goes tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,548 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,076 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 577 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 818 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,371 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,772 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 11 280 04-06-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.