Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The DreamStation Foam Removal Thread
RE: The DreamStation Foam Removal Thread
I just came across a link from Youtube, another video on fixing the chamber that holds the foam. But in this case the video is about a camber w/o foam. It is a very inexpensive alternative to waiting for a new unit or refurbishing the unit yourself. Or keep a refurb for backup or traveling.

https://youtu.be/DuVeh2q-78c

Please excuse this post if this alternative has already been posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on other posts, this item is available on Amazon.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is/was there, I bought two of them and they come with tools and great instructions.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
I thought we could not write A******
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course you can "write" Amazon.  

You can also write Amazon.com as long as it's not a link to a page selling perscription required items.  

Please review our rules Here
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Speaking of which, I purchased one of these for my mother's machine, but failed to do my homework and it is incompatible. Her machine is a DS BiPAP autoSV, and the chamber is for a DS CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bilevel machines that go above 20cm have a physically larger blower.
Post Reply Post Reply
I order two replacement housings that came without foam from Amazon. My wife uses an Auto CPAP. While she recently received a new unit, I suggested we keep the old unit for backup or travel. I installed one of the no-foam housings. Between the directions in the booklet and the available video, I was able to install the housing without issue in about an hour.

As for my unit, an ASV PAP, I was able to do the same in about 40 min. There has been some concerns that these housing will not fit the larger blower used in the ASV housing. But I did not find any differences. The housing had no issue for the larger blower which makes sense since both CPAPs have the same footprint. I too will keep the old unit. We are grateful for the idea of manufacturing a part that can help those still waiting for their replacement unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,587 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.