Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
The HDM Z1
I just saw it at an online retailer (vendor #3). Looks interesting. Anyone know anything about it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The HDM Z1
Brand new on the market. Retails for $595.

From a brief reading of their website, it's only 10 ounces, has an optional integrated battery called a PowerShell that claims to offer a full night on battery power. Website says it can operates between 100-240V, which means all international currents as well as the US. Their page for the HCM Z1 is here Apparently it's data-capable and they offer free software for monitoring data. Not sure how they're distributing the software - might be a CD included in the package. Also not sure if they're allowing that software to be used by the patients or only medical professionals or it's simply a dumbed-down version for patients only. But it's a good trend to see manufacturers at least trying to cater to the patient-empowerment movement by offering free software.

Here's a picture of it from the CPAP manufacturer's website at http://hdmusa.com

[Image: hand-pshell-finger-top.png]

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, looks very promising. Looking forward to reading some reviews.
Post Reply Post Reply
I invited the Senior Vice President, Steve Moore to come here and tell us a bit more about this machine. Hopefully he'll stop by soon.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking forward to hearing more about this. Being able to be "off the grid" and still have CPAP would be very handy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Online vendors are offering it for $595, although the optional PowerShell battery is another $450. The software requires Windows 8 or later and, as SuperSleeper noted, there is no indication of what kind of data it displays, no screenshots, nada.

Still, it's an exciting development. It looks like a terrific machine for those who need to travel. The price beats the pants off the competition, although there is no way to tell if the prices I mentioned above are US-only or if the machine will be offered elsewhere for the same price.

I can't wait for someone here to get one and post a review.
Post Reply Post Reply
Literature says it works with any mask and has a "humidifier" module to capture and return moisture to the user. It's so small, I can wait for a review too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would be wonderful to have on a night like tonight: wind howling, snow flying and the lights dimming now and then… until the lines quit and we're out of power. I certainly hope VP Steve Moore drops by! And I see they expect to have Mac OSX software out soon. That would simplify my life even more. I wish their website would tell a little more about their company in addition to telling us much more about their PAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI- This is not Steve Moore

A few things I can tell you:

1/ The software currently is Windows-only but the Mac version is coming really soon (weeks)
2/ The software will be available by download shortly
3/ The Z1 utilizes an HME for humidification. 2 are included in the retail box
4/ The failover capabilities of the Z1 work really well. See Steve's blog post at the blog on hdmusaDOTcom
5/ There are a few big 'surprises' about the Z1 coming... Stay tuned.

About the company- HDM is wholly owned by PBM Capital Group out of Charlottesville, VA.

I'll get Steve to drop by and field questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2013, 09:42 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: I just saw it at an online retailer (vendor #3). Looks interesting. Anyone know anything about it?

I have been using the Z1 for two months now. You could say that I had early access. It is perfect for my lifestyle which is 75% travel. It has been on two trips to Europe and several US destinations. Getting through security is very easy, in fact they don't even know what it is.

I find the Z1 to be as quiet or quieter than my previous device. It works well with my mask (TAP PAP) and I'm sure that is the case with any mask. On the road I use and HME and at home I use the FP Heated Humidifier being the fan of humidity that I am.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.