Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
It sounds like you use it all the time, not just for travel. What's the FP heated humidifier? I don't remember seeing that. How long does the battery pack last? So, what do I need to have my physician do so I can get one? Specify by brand and model in a script?
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI it is a fixed pressure machine.

NO auto mode yet
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2013, 11:51 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: It sounds like you use it all the time, not just for travel. What's the FP heated humidifier? I don't remember seeing that. How long does the battery pack last? So, what do I need to have my physician do so I can get one? Specify by brand and model in a script?

I have another machine but I've been using the Z1 in both home and travel to get a lot of experience with it. The FIsher & Paykel HC150 Pack is a stand alone heated humidifier that has a mounting tray for the heater and CPAP together. It works with any CPAP machine and we will be offering this by the end of this week. Our partner retailers all carry this product too. To get a Z1 all you will need to supply is a copy of your current prescription that would include your pressure setting. Hope this helps and Happy Thanksgiving!
(11-26-2013, 06:37 AM)dfstarman Wrote: FYI it is a fixed pressure machine.

NO auto mode yet

Correct and one of the really cool features about the Z1 is that when new features come out your machine is upgradable with an acquired firmware download.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 06:46 AM)stephenmoore1 Wrote: Correct and one of the really cool features about the Z1 is that when new features come out your machine is upgradable with an acquired firmware download.

Welcome to the forum Steve. For those who don't know, Steve Moore is the Senior Vice President of the company who makes the Z1 CPAP machine (Human Design Medical or HDM).

Steve, this is a great thing that the firmware is easily upgradable via a download. As far as I know that's a first in the world of CPAP. Seems many CPAP manufacturers are reluctant to make that feature available - perhaps because it opens up the code to the competition, I don't know. Very good feature in my opinion.

I'd like to know if the Data Viewing software for the PC is available for the end-user, or is it for use by the sleep doctor primarily? If it's also for the patient to monitor progress, how is the software distributed, via CD along with the machine or via download?

Thanks for stopping by.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 06:37 AM)dfstarman Wrote: no auto mode yet

Some amazing things are coming soon. Revolutionary things. Seriously.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
(11-26-2013, 10:17 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I'd like to know if the Data Viewing software for the PC is available for the end-user, or is it for use by the sleep doctor primarily? If it's also for the patient to monitor progress, how is the software distributed, via CD along with the machine or via download?

The Z1™ software ('HDM Data Viewer') will be for every user and will be included for free by download (the OSX version will be available soon after the initial release). We anticipate that the software will be available within the month at no charge to Z1™ owners.

FYI- We believe that access to sleep-data is really important and we want every user to be involved in their therapy:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, welcome Steve. Thanks for the info. This looks like exactly what I need when staying at the hunting cabin and on camping trips. Will the battery pack give me a full night? I know the literature says it will, but really, will it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 08:29 PM)stick Wrote: The Z1™ software ('HDM Data Viewer') will be for every user and will be included for free by download (the OSX version will be available soon after the initial release). We anticipate that the software will be available within the month at no charge to Z1™ owners.
FYI- We believe that access to sleep-data is really important and we want every user to be involved in their therapy:-)

I use Sleepyhead because all my computers run Linux and the proprietary software for my S9 Autoset will run only on Windows. Besides, Sleepyhead is better than their software anyway, not to mention that it is free and the source code is open for anyone to use, including for commercial purposes. At this point if I get a Z1 I will be out of luck. As much as I encourage HDM a Z1 would be a poor choice for me.

There are a couple of solutions. You could simply compile your source into a Linux package (not generally difficult, and there are lots of people willing to help at no charge), or the Sleepyhead developer (Mark Watkins) could add an import filter for Sleepyhead. The latter would be the simplest, and I'm sure that you would find lots of people willing to help. I assume that you are familiar with Sleepyhead, but if not, you owe it to yourself to check it out. Precompiled packages are available on Sourceforge for Linux, Windows and MacOS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 09:26 PM)JJJ Wrote: As much as I encourage HDM a Z1 would be a poor choice for me.

Here is all I can say at this point: The CPAP algorithm (xPAP) and data capture & display are both fluid. Our software- and algorithms- are both negotiable. We are not locking our hardware to any particular algorithm. Read into that what you will.

FYI- We live in interesting times... It's like a Transformers movie...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2013, 08:22 PM)stick Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 06:37 AM)dfstarman Wrote: no auto mode yet

Some amazing things are coming soon. Revolutionary things. Seriously.

I hope they include auto, and it comes in the next few weeks as I can exchange my Transcend
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.