Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
(02-24-2014, 12:03 AM)NCZzzz Wrote: ebay won't let you list DME type gear ... go ahead ask me how I know... SadNot sure about CraigsList.

You can sell parts on eBay, but not whole items that require a prescription, e.g., mask cushions or headgear are OK, but not a whole mask. However, lately I've noticed that the prices on eBay are ridiculous. You can do better on Amazon.

As for Craigslist, that's where I bought my first machine. I don't think Craigslist would care if you listed heroin.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 06:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 04:46 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: Mr. Moore of HDM has contacted me. Keeping my fingers crossed for better things from HDM.

Somehow I thought they might be more sympathetic to the end-users than other CPAP company reps we've heard from here. Here's hoping that this ends well for everyone! Coffee
(02-23-2014, 04:46 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: Mr. Moore of HDM has contacted me. Keeping my fingers crossed for better things from HDM.
Greetings Mr. Ashe and my apologies to everyone for the time it has taken to release our software. The first version which is PC based and strictly compliance & leak will be released this week. A MAC version will follow. We will post a link for download and yes the software is free. For those who require compliance for reimbursement, the Medicare metric is calculated and you may save and email or print your data for anyone who requires the information. If you wish, your physician and/or provider may also load our software and you can "share data" with anyone you choose that has HDM Data Viewer loaded on their PC.

BTW: your Z1 will hold 6 months or more worth of data with its internal flash memory. This being said all of your data should be present on the machine for anyone who has purchased the Z1 since its launch. When you do your first upload to the PC it will all come over at once. Subsequent downloads will bring new information.

We are working on an any platform version that will tie in respiratory events (Apneas, Hypopneas) and AHI. This will be in conjunction with the Z1 Auto that is being worked on diligently as you read this post. There will be many special, not seen before features in this platform that everyone will really appreciate and I will leave it at that. I'd love to give everyone a time frame but lets just leave it at this year.
Thank you and sleep well !
Post Reply Post Reply
I returned the unit for a full refund. Since the CPAP was too loud for me but working as designed, can I kindly ask Mr. Moore to update this board whenever they come up with an updated design for the Z1? I think the unit is a bright idea but unfortunately not for me at this point, but would gladly purchased another one if the become quieter!. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joe:

Yes... I agree - I've seen some "unusual" listings on Craigslist ... ;-)

Vendor #1 currently has a sale going for the battery packs that work with the Transcend units if that's of interest.

HDM's ability to upgrade firmware in the field is tantalizing ... I hope it works out....

And the inclusion of a bluetooth interface is very interesting...
I can think of several clever things that could be done with that ....

Post Reply Post Reply

(02-23-2014, 06:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Somehow I thought they might be more sympathetic to the end-users than other CPAP company reps we've heard from here. Here's hoping that this ends well for everyone! Coffee

SuperSleeper's observation is right.

Just finished a phone call with Mr. Moore. We had a frank and honest discussion about the concerns mentioned on this forum. He is fully aware of them and he is paying attention.

Still keeping my fingers crossed but I'm betting on a bright future for this product.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2014, 11:00 AM)johnnyashe Wrote:

(02-23-2014, 06:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Somehow I thought they might be more sympathetic to the end-users than other CPAP company reps we've heard from here. Here's hoping that this ends well for everyone! Coffee

SuperSleeper's observation is right.

Just finished a phone call with Mr. Moore. We had a frank and honest discussion about the concerns mentioned on this forum. He is fully aware of them and he is paying attention.

Still keeping my fingers crossed but I'm betting on a bright future for this product.

Great! Keep us posted. I am very interested on the outcome Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
OK here's one for you. I am a railroad contractor who travels most extensively around the east half of the country, at present. I am also a WWII reenactor, who reluctantly can't participate in any overnight events due to needing a CPAP. I currently have a S9 and, while it gets me by for work, there is no way for me to pursue my hobby with it. I'm looking for something portable (and battery powered for a 2 night weekend, on a pressure of 11cm) and that won't get me dirty looks from TSA every time I have to fly for work. I'm not too concerned about the noise issues I've read about, as I used to sleep with airplanes landing on my head every 90 seconds while I was in the Navy. I'm just concerned that I won't get the therapy I need and won't be able to continue the hobby I love so much. I would appreciate any advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2014, 05:28 PM)parsonsba Wrote: OK here's one for you. I am a railroad contractor who travels most extensively around the east half of the country, at present. I am also a WWII reenactor, who reluctantly can't participate in any overnight events due to needing a CPAP. I currently have a S9 and, while it gets me by for work, there is no way for me to pursue my hobby with it. I'm looking for something portable (and battery powered for a 2 night weekend, on a pressure of 11cm) and that won't get me dirty looks from TSA every time I have to fly for work. I'm not too concerned about the noise issues I've read about, as I used to sleep with airplanes landing on my head every 90 seconds while I was in the Navy. I'm just concerned that I won't get the therapy I need and won't be able to continue the hobby I love so much. I would appreciate any advice.

I can't address the battery issue, other than to suggest maybe getting a 2nd battery. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

From the HDM web site: "Your battery’s charge is based on your pressure setting. If your pressure is less than 14 cm H20 it can last 2 full nights on a charge."

I can tell you that the Z1 w/PowerShell is slightly larger than a soda can and comfortably fits in the backpack I carry when I fly. The mask and tube take up more real estate in my backpack than the machine does.

My pressure is 12cm and this machine seems to do a good job of supplying it. The noise issue is something I was able to get used to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2014, 05:28 PM)parsonsba Wrote: OK here's one for you. I am a railroad contractor who travels most extensively around the east half of the country, at present. I am also a WWII reenactor, who reluctantly can't participate in any overnight events due to needing a CPAP. I currently have a S9 and, while it gets me by for work, there is no way for me to pursue my hobby with it. I'm looking for something portable (and battery powered for a 2 night weekend, on a pressure of 11cm) and that won't get me dirty looks from TSA every time I have to fly for work. I'm not too concerned about the noise issues I've read about, as I used to sleep with airplanes landing on my head every 90 seconds while I was in the Navy. I'm just concerned that I won't get the therapy I need and won't be able to continue the hobby I love so much. I would appreciate any advice.

I am currently waiting on my battery pack to be delivered. I had much the same questions as you but because I have an auto, you can't say how much it will eat because it is not a set pressure. Also, I really do not think I should have to give up my humidifier! Yes, I want it all! The LIoN batteries are so small and lightweight that I figure I should be able to come up with an easy way to throw a couple more batteries in the pack, wire them in parallel and double or triple my life. Just a thought!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Just some random babbling....

The S9 without the humidifier is pretty compact, for batteries you could either go hi-tech: http://www.thebatterygeeks.com/SearchRes...mit=search

Or get the resmed 12V DC to CPAP converter and get a low-tech AGM type battery that could be recharged during the day to make it thru the second night. One of the portable car-jump batteries might be good. Most have a 12V cigarette lighter plug to run the Resmed converter.

Resmed has some good tips on their site:

http://www.resmed.com/us/service_and_sup...ravel.html

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

The humidifier is nice to have in dry climates, but is bulky and also draws considerable power...

Has anybody tried one of these as a no-power travel substitute?

Human Design Medical - Part Number: HD60-2100 costs about $5 ... google it and you can find a picture...
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.