Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
DaveP,
Where?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2014, 02:20 PM)DaveP Wrote: I was able to find them at $3 a piece. I tried them on my last trip and they're not for me. my nose was very dry with them, even if I poured hot water into them before going to sleep.

Dave:
I don't know but based on what Steve Moore said earlier in the thread ... you may be reducing the effectiveness of the HMEs by pouring hot water on them...

Steve said:
"I would not recommend rinsing out the HME in water as it has properties within that enable it to trap moisture from your exhalation and give it back when you inhale. If you rinse the HME in hot water you may lessen it's ability to provide moisture."

So maybe give them another try without pouring water on them?

I'd like to give them a go... can you give me a hint on where you found them for $3 each?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
HME's are electrostatic media treated with physiologically safe calcium chloride. it is this chemical treatment that makes the HME effective. washing, pouring hot water in them or tampering with them in any way is going to make the HME LESS effective and not more.

In lab studies the HME media sold with the Z1 was effective for up to 7 nights of sleep, or you feel it becoming ineffective, and the product labeling will soon reflect that.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or post questions.

Thanks,

Zach
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zach - I'm going to order some up!

Do the 7 nights of use need to be grouped tightly together, or is it ok to (say) use it on several short trips over the course of several months? Or said another way can you use it two nights, then set it aside for a month and use the other 5 nights worth of time?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just receive an e-mail with a firmware update message.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 12:50 PM)agiaffa Wrote: Just receive an e-mail with a firmware update message.

From the email - "Current procedure as described in the Z1 User Manual, requires the use of RAMP in a stop/start situation beyond 4hrs. of use (i.e. bathroom break after 4 hours sleep) to avoid a low-pressure situation and REMINDER warning on the screen. This upgrade will eliminate the need to restart in RAMP after 4hrs. of use for any Z1 that has a set pressure of > 12 CM H20."

I've looked through the User Manual and can't find this. I'm not quite sure what they're telling me. What am I missing? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You - 2.0.0.9 installed !!

(03-10-2014, 12:50 PM)agiaffa Wrote: Just receive an e-mail with a firmware update message.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's something automatic that just does not restart ramp if there is an on/off mid cycle under a certain time where perhaps it did before ??

Also noting after updating Firmware it said to: "After Upgrade, Reset CPAP-1, CPAP-2 Mode on Z1" - no idea how to change that - it's in CPAP-2 when I hit start....

(03-10-2014, 01:12 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: From the email - "Current procedure as described in the Z1 User Manual, requires the use of RAMP in a stop/start situation beyond 4hrs. of use (i.e. bathroom break after 4 hours sleep) to avoid a low-pressure situation and REMINDER warning on the screen. This upgrade will eliminate the need to restart in RAMP after 4hrs. of use for any Z1 that has a set pressure of > 12 CM H20."

I've looked through the User Manual and can't find this. I'm not quite sure what they're telling me. What am I missing? Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
For the record, I tried the HME as is before and it wasn't working either... I was in Boston and it was pretty dry though.

I found them at $3 here: [DME commercial link removed per Apnea Board Rules] (sorry, still unable to post links)

The website says "Canada" but they actually ship from Florida. Not sure if they'll accept a return for the stuff I bought...

Hope this helps!

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
This is why I am excited about this company and machine. Firmware updates can be magic, and turn a piece of electronic gear from garbage to your new best friend. Started (in my head) with computers, now TVs, Blu-ray players, and (soon) CPAPs will be able to have features added, bugs fixed, etc...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.