Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
(03-10-2014, 09:10 AM)NCZzzz Wrote: Thanks Zach - I'm going to order some up!

Do the 7 nights of use need to be grouped tightly together, or is it ok to (say) use it on several short trips over the course of several months? Or said another way can you use it two nights, then set it aside for a month and use the other 5 nights worth of time?

Thanks!

It is best to us them in consecutive nights, and when not using store them in a closed baggie or the like.

If your not going to use it for say more than a few days to a week i would open up a new one for the next treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 03:01 PM)DaveP Wrote: For the record, I tried the HME as is before and it wasn't working either... I was in Boston and it was pretty dry though.

I found them at $3 here: [DME commercial link removed per Apnea Board Rules] (sorry, still unable to post links)

The website says "Canada" but they actually ship from Florida. Not sure if they'll accept a return for the stuff I bought...

Hope this helps!

Thanks Dave!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 03:01 PM)DaveP Wrote: For the record, I tried the HME as is before and it wasn't working either... I was in Boston and it was pretty dry though.

I found them at $3 here: [DME commercial link removed per Apnea Board Rules] (sorry, still unable to post links)

The website says "Canada" but they actually ship from Florida. Not sure if they'll accept a return for the stuff I bought...

Hope this helps!

Here's what I found:

They do have a website that works from the USA, but the price is $5.95 USD.

More than twice the Canadian price.

When I inquired about it, I got a nice e-mail from a support guy for the company saying they had to abide by USA regulations with regards to pricing ............ Dont-know

It stinks, but I don't think it's the company's fault............... Bug-eyed

Post Reply Post Reply
After several weeks of use I am getting use to my Z1. However, I am still troubled by the noise. I agree with others on the thread, the machine itself is very quiet. It is the noise at he mask end that is the issue. Are there any solutions in the works. I don't think a firmware update will solve the problem.

Other than this issue I am very satisfied.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I've found is that the noise at my nasal mask in not an issue but if I roll over and get the hose near my ear it is extremely loud.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2014, 01:02 PM)marcoferro Wrote: After several weeks of use I am getting use to my Z1. However, I am still troubled by the noise. I agree with others on the thread, the machine itself is very quiet. It is the noise at he mask end that is the issue. Are there any solutions in the works. I don't think a firmware update will solve the problem.

Try using passover or heated humidifier. I'm using the tank from my ResMed machine (and a little duct tape...)
It is very effective at muting the noise transmitted from the machine to the mask.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2014, 07:00 PM)johnnyashe Wrote:
(03-20-2014, 01:02 PM)marcoferro Wrote: After several weeks of use I am getting use to my Z1. However, I am still troubled by the noise. I agree with others on the thread, the machine itself is very quiet. It is the noise at he mask end that is the issue. Are there any solutions in the works. I don't think a firmware update will solve the problem.

Try using passover or heated humidifier. I'm using the tank from my ResMed machine (and a little duct tape...)
It is very effective at muting the noise transmitted from the machine to the mask.

Thank you for the tip. I will try. I still hope that HDM will come up with a fix. I like the idea of not having to travel with another piece of equipment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2014, 09:58 AM)marcoferro Wrote:
(03-20-2014, 07:00 PM)johnnyashe Wrote:

Thank you for the tip. I will try. I still hope that HDM will come up with a fix. I like the idea of not having to travel with another piece of equipment.

I think HDM needs to develop a "muffler" for the Z1.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just used a F&P150 humidifier for a week.....made no difference. The noise is actually very loud by the intake filter.

I still maintain that when I wake up in the middle of the night the noise is less and the back pressure from ZBreathe is non existent.
Post Reply Post Reply
...And. Because the Z1 puts out less CFM than my REMstar I was worried that the pressure was off. I picked up a F&P manometer tube and tested the Z1. It registered exactly my rate. My REMstar which puts out more air volume was actually a 1/2cm low.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.