Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
Quick post: I'm wondering if the solution to my problem would be the Transcend Travel Auto, with optional humidifer and battery pack... for less money than the Z1... Anyone has any experience with the Transcend?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 10:55 AM)DaveP Wrote: Quick post: I'm wondering if the solution to my problem would be the Transcend Travel Auto, with optional humidifer and battery pack... for less money than the Z1... Anyone has any experience with the Transcend?

I've been wondering the same thing. My experience with HDM and the Z1 wasn't very good. They're clearly not ready for prime time yet.

I've read a reviews on the Transcend machine and the biggest complaint seems to be some of the machines deliver air that has an odor to it and that with the optional humidifier, it's not much smaller than standard cpap machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
well, size does not bother me much, my actual cpap is huge compared to this combo... Odor seems to be an early problem for these cpaps, but noise seems to be an issue as well. The DevilBiss Intellipap is also pretty small, just need to find a battery for those occasional power outages...
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally settled for the DevilBiss Intellipap Auto with a C-100 battery. I'll tell you how it goes!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 06:27 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 04:46 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: Mr. Moore of HDM has contacted me. Keeping my fingers crossed for better things from HDM.

Somehow I thought they might be more sympathetic to the end-users than other CPAP company reps we've heard from here. Here's hoping that this ends well for everyone! Coffee

It took 3 weeks but I received a replacement from HDM (via vendor 1). That machine was buggy and much louder than the previous unit (at the mask and from the machine). I contacted Mr. Moore and after several email exchanges discussing the issues I had, I received the following from him;
"Unfortunately vendor 1 forbids us to speak directly with their customers on issues around units they have sold. For this reason you will need to address any concerns with them directly."

I contacted vendor 1 Customer Support and asked them about this policy. Here's their response;
"As a paying customer you have the right to contact the manufacturer directly but chances are you will be re-directed to us for any issues or concerns you may have regarding the product." .

I know there are a lot of satisfied Z1 customers. I really wanted to be one of them, repeatedly expressed this to HDM, gave them every opportunity to resolve the problems and in the end, I got the same disappointing Customer Service response as I got in the beginning. They are clearly not ready for prime time.

The unit has been returned to vendor 1 and I have received a refund.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems to be a lot of buck-passing on the part of both vendor and manufacturer, from what you've written here. That's not good. But at least you were able to get a refund. That's one good thing.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 08:32 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Seems to be a lot of buck-passing on the part of both vendor and manufacturer, from what you've written here. That's not good. But at least you were able to get a refund. That's one good thing.

In all fairness to vendor 1, when I contacted them, they addressed and acted on my problems. I am glad vendor 1 agreed to refund my money on the second machine.
As for HDM, they seemed to say all the right things but still passed the buck. All my issues were with HDM.
Post Reply Post Reply

So I wonder ... what happens to all these "lightly used" machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2014, 11:23 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: In all fairness to vendor 1, when I contacted them, they addressed and acted on my problems.

This has been my experience with them also. I've made most all my online CPAP-related purchases from them for several years now and have had nothing but excellent service and pretty good prices.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2014, 08:42 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-10-2014, 11:23 PM)johnnyashe Wrote: In all fairness to vendor 1, when I contacted them, they addressed and acted on my problems.

This has been my experience with them also. I've made most all my online CPAP-related purchases from them for several years now and have had nothing but excellent service and pretty good prices.

I too use vendor #1, and have had nothing but good to say (and think) about them. Refunds are quick as well.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.