Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
(12-31-2014, 03:40 PM)bill-e Wrote: coolspot, is this a new unit? My Z1 syncs right off. Are you using the cable that came with it? Can you try a different cable?

The Data Viewer for the Z1 is pretty basic and really only useful for updating the firmware as if I recall it only displays Leaks and Usage.

The new Z1 Auto has a much more useful app called Nitelog which connects via bluetooth to the Z1 Auto and displays AHI, AH Count, Usage and Pressure but unfortunately doesn't work with the original Z1.

coolspot, do you have the latest HDM Viewer? 1_07

Hi,

Yes, used three different Micro USB cables and three different computers! The app is v1.07 that was downloaded from HDM USA's website.

Corrupt data occasionally gets displayed on the "Settings" screen (i.e. gibberish characters) when the unit is "connected", mostly it thinks the unit is unconnected and just displays blank fields. Most worrisome is that it sometimes displays with the work "fake" beside each of the field. I attached a screenshot.

Pretty sure it's not a counterfeit unit as I bought it at a registered CPAP clinic in Toronto? Perhaps the unit is defective?

I did try upgrading the firmware to v2.0.0.11 and that went off without a hitch - only problem seems to be with the HDM Data Viewer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you use the one that came with the unit? or one with the ferrite on the end to reduce noise. I suppose it's possible that you have cheap cables and noise is getting introduced.

But if the unit is new and returnable I would do that if it wasn't a cable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have have about 8 months of hours on the Z1 and about a month on the Z1 Auto so I may be able to answer some questions if they arise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 03:56 PM)bill-e Wrote: Did you use the one that came with the unit? or one with the ferrite on the end to reduce noise. I suppose it's possible that you have cheap cables and noise is getting introduced.

But if the unit is new and returnable I would do that if it wasn't a cable.

I used the cable that came with the unit, it doesn't have any ferrite cores.

I'll contact the clinic; should be exchangeable (I hope) especially since it's brand new and straight out of the box.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have another cable to try?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 04:00 PM)bill-e Wrote: I have have about 8 months of hours on the Z1 and about a month on the Z1 Auto so I may be able to answer some questions if they arise.

Is the new Z1 any quieter than the original, specifically the turbine-like noise in the mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Z1 Auto sounds the same as the original Z1 but HDM will be releasing a fix in the next month or two. I used the prototype and it was like a night and day difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
With regard to the noise, my experience is that after a few nights I got used to it, kinda like white noise, and didn't hear it anymore.....but I use the Z1 alone when I travel, I'm sure it would annoy a sleep partner, at least at first.
Post Reply Post Reply
does the Z1 humidifier thing work? I think I saw that they are disposable and kind of expensive...
Post Reply Post Reply
The HME's (heat moisture exchanger) are 6 bucks and I can get up to 14 days from them. I tried lugging along a stand alone humidifier and while it is more comfortable, it was like carrying my home unit with me so it defeated the main advantaget of the Z1.

I cannot sleep without humidification and the HME's work fine for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.