Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The HDM Z1
RE: The HDM Z1
Every device and mask that someone likes, someone else hates. One size doesn't fit all. If my System One was as small and portable as my Z1 Auto I'd opt for the System One every time, but alas it isn't.

This year was a relatively light travel year for me as I only got on planes 120 times...each time carrying my Z1. Had I had to carry that third bag for my System One I would have left it home...which I did for a few years, but that's just me.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to use the Z1, just recounting my experience as a frequent traveler with it and even with its shortcomings the last year with it has been my best therapy year ever and I owe that to the Z1. And now the Z1 Auto is even more comfortable so I'm a happy camper. Smile

And part of the credit for about the last 8 months of comfort goes to discovering the F&P Eson nasal mask back in April when I had another sleep study and the tech wanted me to try the Eson instead of the Respironcs Comfort Gel mask I had been using. The Eson is a super comfortable nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 06:33 PM)johnnyashe Wrote:
(12-31-2014, 04:00 PM)bill-e Wrote: I have have about 8 months of hours on the Z1 and about a month on the Z1 Auto so I may be able to answer some questions if they arise.

Is the new Z1 any quieter than the original, specifically the turbine-like noise in the mask?

I am curious if anyone has tried using a inline bacterial viral filter to reduce the noise with the Z1? I have a Transcend EZEX CPAP and it is also is noisy at the mask end. The inline viral filter cuts that noise down more than half. I also made a little muffler for the Transcend and it is as quiet as my PRS1 now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2015, 12:28 PM)NCZzzz Wrote: I found a Canadian website where the HMEs were about $3 ... but they could not ship to USA ....

Can you send me the site? I'm in Canada and I'm paying $9.95 CAD for a HME.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Everyone,

Last week I bought a Z1, and as I posted here, I was having a problem with the Data Viewer app. Apparently the Z1 Data Viewer is NOT compatible with the international version of the Z1 yet. Took about a week but HDM USA responded that they are working on a fix.

Very strange as HDM International links directly to HDM USA's Data Viewer download page - I guess they have some wires crossed on their end.

Saying that, their technical support rep was pretty helpful. A fix is supposedly coming to resolve the incompatibility.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 12:15 PM)coolspot Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 12:28 PM)NCZzzz Wrote: I found a Canadian website where the HMEs were about $3 ... but they could not ship to USA ....

Can you send me the site? I'm in Canada and I'm paying $9.95 CAD for a HME.

Sorry ... since I could not order from them I didn't keep note of the site...
I found it by googling around .... Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the link and just checked the site, they no longer list it for sale. It was canada cpap supply, all one word, but I cannot find the HME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 12:19 PM)coolspot Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Last week I bought a Z1, and as I posted here, I was having a problem with the Data Viewer app. Apparently the Z1 Data Viewer is NOT compatible with the international version of the Z1 yet. Took about a week but HDM USA responded that they are working on a fix.

Very strange as HDM International links directly to HDM USA's Data Viewer download page - I guess they have some wires crossed on their end.

Saying that, their technical support rep was pretty helpful. A fix is supposedly coming to resolve the incompatibility.

So did you download the US version of the firmware or the International version? Sounds strange unless there is some unit conversion differences. In either case I would have assumed US Firmware and your Z1 and the US Data viewer would have worked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2015, 01:26 PM)bill-e Wrote: So did you download the US version of the firmware or the International version? Sounds strange unless there is some unit conversion differences. In either case I would have assumed US Firmware and your Z1 and the US Data viewer would have worked.

There is only one version of the firmware and one version of the app; HDM International links to HDM USA.

The firmware is apparently compatible according to tech support, but even with the firmware loaded, there is some sort of difference on the machine. Very strange the app is incompatible...

(01-05-2015, 01:01 PM)bill-e Wrote: I have the link and just checked the site, they no longer list it for sale. It was canada cpap supply, all one word, but I cannot find the HME.

If searching for the HME, Google Hygroscopic Condenser Humidifier too. The HMEs I got with my Canadian one were manufactured by GE Health Care and labelled as HCHs.
Post Reply Post Reply
coolspot, I think if it were me I'd swap that unit for another. I find it hard to believe that there are any hardware differences other than the power adapter (actually, I have no idea what Canada uses for power/plugs)

If there were the firmware wouldn't work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2014, 06:47 PM)bill-e Wrote: The Z1 Auto sounds the same as the original Z1 but HDM will be releasing a fix in the next month or two. I used the prototype and it was like a night and day difference.

So the Z1 auto sounds the same? This fix you mention is it a different machine or a software update or what? I held out buying a z1 waiting on an auto version. I don't want to buy one now if you think they are going to fix the noise unless I know it will be resolved I a way that doesn't require a new machine.. Can you eloborate on the fix?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.